Used 2003 Acura CL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Cl - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura CL

View reviews for a specific CL model:

sleeeepppperrrrrr
By ae

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

awesome ride! handels like its on rails. i love the european look. i also love the fact that i dont see any around. its nice to be original and not have an appliance for a car (accord/camry)LOVE IT!!

Favorite Features

THE WAY IT KICKS ASS ON EVERY STOP LIGHT

Suggested Improvements

FOGS, WHERE ARE THEY?

Think Again!
By MadHorse

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Car is fun to drive, But there are too many problems. I bought this used at 23,000 miles and drove it for about half year, initially the parking brake did not work, then the wheel bearing went back, then the battery cable went loose and I was stuck at a fast food restaurant after lunch for two hours, then the brakes went back and the rear rotors were damaged and brake pads only had 5% (highly unusal). Then the expenses tires needs replacement and I am up for a wheel alignment, the cupholder keeps making noise and the rear window defroster does not work... thought I bought an Acura but this thing is not reliable at all.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability! I thought I bought an Acura!

Clutch problem
By INUD

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car was a great car for 30,000 miles, until the clutch went out. I babied this car. I had no warning of a clutch failure, no slippage at all. Riding on a flat raod and went to shift and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. That's all she wrote. cloast me $800+. Have had lots of manual shifts and this was a first for me. Also have had trouble with the home link.

2003 CL Type S; 6-Speed Stick; Red/Tan
By Red Rocket

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for its high reliability (per Consumer Reports), safety (assuming same www.iihs.org crash worthiness as Honda Acord), performance (270 HP, clutch with very narrow sweet spot and 6-speed gear ratios), fun (VTEC sound/growl), styling (classic), winter traction (front wheel drive) and value (under $30k).

Favorite Features

$15,000 less than comparable BMW and no complaints after after 11 months and 12,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Too late now that model is discontinued, but this CL needs better emergency brake, better seat belt retractors, side air bags, glass roof with sunshade rather than wimpy tilt/slide model and variable heated seat settings.

Not Bad But not good enough to be Acura
By dj1billion

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I know I did'nt buy a civic but, daggggg the gas mileage sucks!!! I swear that when I get on it I see the gauge move and that would'nt be so bad if it took reg. gas. But other than that know problems!

Favorite Features

everything else!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and REGULAR GAS!!!!