2003 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Acura CL Type S 6-speed
By Nick-L on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a hard-core car nut and have owned 94 cars in my life. I can honestly say that the Acura CL Type S 6-speed is the best new car overall I have ever owned. I like it so much that this is the third new CL we've bought in the past 3 years (in 2001 we bought 2 CL's, a S for me and a Premeium for my wife. Recently we traded in her Premium for this new Type S 6-speed, and she inherited my previous Type S automatic). This car simply does everything well: comfortable, jewel-like construction quality, bullet-proof reliability, great value, and the perfect balance between sport and luxury. There's nothing else like it on the market.

deluxe honda
By Nhoj on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The CL has been trouble free and very reliable. Excellent for long trips except for mileage, which should be a bit higher. The handling is very good with good comfort on long trips. The roof is a bit too low for me, so I usually drive with the sunroof open, weather permitting. Fit and finish are near perfect, no rattles, but some body flex is evident with a squeek of the sunroof weatherstrip.

Great Car
By Longhorn on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fun stuff. Luxury and sporty at the same time.

It's Not A Legend
By Matthew James Black on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 2003 Acura 3.2CL Type S is much quicker than was my 1995 Legend; it has a higher level of technology; and it has greater convenience; but it's not a Legend. It doesn't have the big luxury car feel and road presence of the Legend. My wife complains that the Type S makes too much "boy noise" - - a fault my ears fail to detect -- but every morning it's the car she takes to work, leaving the Lexus in the garage. I've driven the car on two vacation trips this year and find that the power and handling are as good as one will find in a front-wheel drive sport coupe.

The best for under $35,000.00
By JohnSandoval on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car rocks! It really deserves a 9.5 rating. I have never driven a better car, but then again, I have never driven a Ferrari.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By JohnRascal on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura CL-S, inside and out, has been carefully thought out in style, comfort, and luxury. Not an overly-built vehicle with unneeded or unnecessary knobs and "doo-dads" in the way to spoil the simplicity of design and use. This car has all the bare necessities and all the extra items built to fit the driver's and passenger's needs for a comfortable ride. Owned mine without problem for 9 months -- without even a rattle or squeak. Marvelous vehicle!

Fun, fun fun
By jojay on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love to drive the car. Had a 1990 Legend Coupe manual tran and loved it. My 2003 auto tran is almost as much fun and when in traffic, I can let it shift itself. I've had no problems at all since I got the car in Oct 2002. Dealer is a pleasure to work with. I just bought my wife an '03 TL!

No SUV for Me!
By Dr.Citrus on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Time for a new car. I thought briefly of adding still another SUV to the roads. Then I remembered that I really did love to drive once upon a time. The Acura CL is a fast, fine handling car with excellent fit and finish. The styling is not exceptional, but the engineering definitely is. Convenience items like mirror defroster, seat heaters and plenty of concealed storage are welcome. My hockey sticks fit through the (unfortunately small opening from the trunk to the rear seats. Controls are logical and well placed. The AC is effective (though whiney at times).

Class and magnificent workmanship
By resedaruss on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've got over 7000 miles on it and it has been pure pleasure the entire time. In my neighborhood there are quite a few fancy cars yet when I bump into neighbors at gatherings they identify me as the guy with the Acura in the driveway. Everywhere I go--work, parking lots, store, etc.--I'm constantly paid complements by strangers on how "beautiful" my red CL is. (I was afraid the police would attack a red car, but they've left me alone.) It's a rare car that can outrun me (corvettes, V8 Mustangs, etc.) but I hang embarrassingly close to even those cars (for them). There are no rattles, no problems, handles like it's on rails--I love it.

I LIKE MY ACURA
By M400305 on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

HAVING HAD A HAND OPERATION MY MILES ARE LOW BUT THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE ALL SYSTEMS GO HAND DOING FINE THE CAR ITSELF IS FUN AND GOOD LOOKING