2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
BMWho?
By Chaptorial on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been nothing but a joy since the first day I picked it up at the dealership. The overall performance out of the 3.2 liter V6 is more than adequate for daily driving. The interior is laid out perfectly in my opinion with all the instruments in easy reach of the driver. Navigation with Onstar is great. For me the Five-speed automatic shifts perfectly by itself and when I feel the need to drop from 5th to 3rd on the highway, the Sport Shift option works great. Torque steer is minor. Overall you wont find all of these features anywhere for this price.

Wanna go for a drive?
By Aegean_Blue6 on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for ~6 months now, and it's been a blast to drive! There's enough low-end torque to get you around for normal driving, but punch the throttle and you'll be pressed into your seat! There's a bit more body roll than there should be, but a $300 set of Comptech sway bars fixes that problem without significanly hurting ride quality. The press hates the styling, but I like it, and I've gotten many great compliments about it's appearance. It's classy, and can handle both a long road trip in comfort and a session on twisty mountain roads with confidence, while holding 4 people comfortably and all their gear in a good-size trunk!

Great car
By CL type S on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up cl-s 6 speed last week. No defects, fast and comfortable. Recommend it so far.

Great Value
By frankie-z on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent horsepower. Fun to drive. Great value for 30K. Low maintenance cost. Hadn't had problems with rattling or transmission in 3 years.

Not happy
By nolec5 on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car since October of 2001 and have had the transmission replaced twice. Plenty of rattles. If I knew the car rattled this bad, I would have kept my Pontiac GTP. Looking to trade in very soon.

CL Type-S is a great car...realize it
By rooktobishop on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It's been almost a year since I bought my red '03 CL-S. It replaced a '99 VW Passat GLS V6 that was simply poorly built and was simply a piece of junk. I try to own my cars for 7 years, but the VW had other ideas. I traded it in for the CL and this car is GREAT. I can own and drive this for 7 years-easy! It's quality all the way around and performs extremely well. I saw another review complain about mileage, for me the fuel economy is great, better than I expected: c19-20 and h32 in most cases...I try not to put my foot into the gas too often, which is easy to do because the car is so eager to get going. I highly recommend this car.

2001 Acura cl-s
By dragone on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A beautiful car inside and out. Very comfortable for two, back seat not for anyone over 5'10" or over 50 years old. It's not as difficult as most two door coupes of it's size to get into and out of the rear seats because of the automatic drive of the front seats to the full forward position. My 63 year old mother would tell you differently, however. As for performance, it's got a very strong pull starting at around 3800 rpm and doesn't let up till the redline. And that exhaust tone is beautiful when pushed. I'd like to have a more control of the steptronic tranny in first gear. Interior materials are excellent in my opinion.

What a wonderful coupe!
By TheDream21479 on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura vehicle in a long time (last one was a 1997 NSX which I still own) and though I've not even had it a week, the car is wonderful! My other car is a 2001 BMW 330Ci so I can offer direct comparison to them. The Type-S's sonorous, rev- happy V6 is AWSOME...the the 5spd auto is no manual, it's not bad! The Acura blows the BMW away as far as standard features go. As far as driving, the Acura isn't as fun to drive nor is it as tossible as the BMW but overall is much more comfortable. The build quality is good, but the interior materials are nowhere near the quality or as appealing as the BMW's.

I love my CL.
By danny25 on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The CL is fun to drive whether you're cruising the highway, or racing down the track. There are faster cars to buy, but the CL is a great combination of luxury and performance.

CL Type S
By RKeatF1 on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We have our CL 3 years this forth of July. Dead Ass reliable! Lots of power, comfort. No problems other than squeeking at the sunroof. Fixed by the dealer. Treated very weel at the Dealership. Style of the front end is a little dull.