2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Bad Luck CL
By zolman on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Transmision went bad at 24,000.

Best Value if You Can Find Any Left
By Gawain on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

There was a silver 6sp/CL-S that I had my eye on for months at the dealer. Knowing that 2003 was the last model year, I figured I would be able to pick one up for a good price. Indeed. I did. This car comes with everything. The build quality is top notch. The engine, ooh, that engine. Tranny, a slick shifting dream! Quiet cabin, excellent ergonomics. Honda builds great cars!

Not your mother's accord!
By jorruss on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is great fun to drive with the 6 speed. It loves to go fast and it will do so in style and comfort. Add Comptech springs and get rid of the crappy Michelins and the handling of the car improves dramatically! I can toss it around corners with reckless abandon and it handles predictably and stays flat through the turn. The many aftermarket performance parts available from comptech will make this car as fast and furious as your pocketbook can handle!

Last of the best
By flhoss on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Sorry they decided to drop the CL series. The chip resistant paint job is great. Driving on the freeway I was to the left rear of a bus. It hit a pile of broken boards. They flew up and slammed into the right rear side of my 2003 Cl-S shaking the vehicle. I stopped to see how much damage had been done to my car with only 900 miles on it. I was elated. Absolutely no damage, not a scratch or blemish. I still look occasionally to see if I missed something. I am 220 lbs 6 feet and seat is uncomfortable, head close to roof, rear window very difficult to clean inside. Still love my CL-S

A great car for the money in its class
By Paiste on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

To get any other car in this class was just simply not an option for me when shopping for my CL. The 6 speed is awesome, as is the navigation and the power, there are plenty of mods available, including a supercharger for this model alone, that make this car a substantial value for the 27,500 I paid for it. To get a identically equipped pre-owned Bimmer or Audi or Mercedes that would be slower, I was looking at 36+.

Best Car I've Owned (oh, & THE MOST FUN)
By TMRNewYork on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This Car kicks tail! I swear I've never seen such a well put together package - in terms of workmanship, performance, comfort, thrill-to-drive, and sexiness - of a car, especially for the price, ever in my life. We're talking under six seconds for 0-60mph, leather seats and a slew of other luxury features that are standard, four passanger bucket seats that are heated, close shifting and a rev happy if you want it to be so engine, etc. etc. etc. - and all for thousands less than its competitors.

I think I got a steal
By erich on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had been eyeing the CLS for about 3 months so I checked out ebay for used 2001's. I put a bid on a 2003 for the hell of it and settled outside of ebay for 20k! The car has 18k on it and is in pristine condition inside and out. I was expecting something to be wrong with it when it got to my door, but wow, was I surprised. I'm glad I didn't go for the 2001 and if this guy wants to sell any others at that price I will let you guys know!!

Fun in a descreete package
By silvervtec96 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been a blast since the day i picked it up. It performs and handles well. I can't really think of anything I don't like about this car. I think that the seats are probably some of the most comfortable seat I've ever been in. This car is full of features and is fun to dive.

Goods and bads
By freddie on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive. accelerating to enter traffic is a fun time, but watch the speedometer as you will quickly reach speeds you did not entend to achieve. Driving up Mount Raineer and Mount Saint Helen gives you a good example of the vehicles road handling characteristics, which are very good. You always feel secure. Glad I bought it. Using 92 or 93 octane I have been getting up to 29 mph.

Get one before they're all gone
By hoopscoach on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Underrated and underappreciated, especially with the 6 speed. Superb engine with wide power band. Plenty of low end punch, yet revs freely all the way to redline. Great transmission with crisp, short throws. Very fast. Quiet. Doesn't quite handle like a sports car, but very good for its size. Most drivers won't be able to push it to its limits. Anti-slip differential works. Navigation system indispensible. Usable backseat and trunk. Heavily equipped for the money. Subtle good looks. Not flashy, but still get lots of comments from onlookers. If you're looking for a coupe, test drive one of these. Get one before they all disappear.