Used 2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Acura fun with value
By Bill

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

While Acura has a great reputation for reliability and resale; I have been extremely disappointed with the Honda Motor Company in customer service. When given an 800 number it appears to only go to the Honda customer service and most of the time the assumption on the part of the phone operators is that I'm a Honda owner. The dealership is not very good considering my experience in the past with a premium vehicle. Acura while being an excellent well engineered and fun car to own, does not measure up on the critical aspects of service and followup with owners when compared to Toyota Company.

The technology and GPS system are awesome. This is a tight fun to drive car. I have just turned 30K and not one single thing has been an issue other than putting up with a poor service system at the dealership.

Acura needs to decide if their cars are really premium or just glorified Honda's. If they want loyalty to consumers willing to pay premium prices they had better devote approporiate treatment and service for us.

Cl-S Type
By Joseph

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very nice vehicle. I wanted a nice blend of performance and luxury, and this car definetly fit the bill. I put 162,000mi on my Honda Accord and I knew the build quality on the CL would be good, since Acura and Honda are related. I really enjoy knowing I have 260hp under the hood available at a moments notice. The acceleration is great! Also, the car is very smooth and handles well with the sports tuned suspension. I do wish the steering was a little tighter though. It feels too much like my Accord. Overall its a great car.

Powerful V-6, auto-shift, interior design and build quality

Tighter Steering and sportier exterior styling

Gary's
By Gary Olson

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is finished with all the little details looked after. Getting into and out of it is much easier than American 2 door coupes that I have owned. I am very impressed with the mileage (29 to 30 mpg on freeway @ 80 mph) from the powerful V-6. I can't believe that I waited so long to get into this quality car.

Clean exterior design. Powerful engine. Well laid out interior.

The automatic transmission is not as smooth as it should be when it shifts between 3rd and 4th gear. The lumbar fitted seats are a little too tight.

Luxury and performance
By Peter Wilson

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new April 2004, with incentives was virtually same price as Accord V6 6-speed. Although I slightly prefer the Accord exterior, in my opinion the Acura interior has better fit and finish and much better layout. Very happy with my black on black CL-S 6-speed, look forward to every time I drive it. Also get great service from local Acura dealer even though I did not buy from them. Manual transmission has beautiful feel and when engine hits about 4000 rpm hold on. Winter driving here in Ontario has been no problem with the change over to quality snows.

6 speed manual shift, smooth power delivery, excellent dash / gauge layout.

Should come standard with fog lamps and variable temp heated seats.

More smiles per mile!
By racingpharm

The BEST performance car I have ever
owned(1st car: 63 Chevelle w/396ci v8
and 2nd 69 Chevy Camaro SS-350). The
Acura CL Type-S 6-speed has smoother
torque off the line and accelerates
without hesitation PLUS gets decent gas
mileage for a "performance" sedan... 25-
27mpg highway! Absolutely great fun
driving thru heavy traffic! Haven't had
any mechanical problems with the
vehicle (48000 miles current) except
for a stuck home-labeled cd in the
changer (which was covered under the
warranty). Great car, great dealership!
Power plus great finish (not luxury but
great fit and finish=quality) in my
book!

Powerful V-6 engine and silky smoothe 6- speed trans.

Front bucket seats have too much lateral support in the upper section for smaller statured and sized drivers.