2003 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Clutch problem
By INUD on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car was a great car for 30,000 miles, until the clutch went out. I babied this car. I had no warning of a clutch failure, no slippage at all. Riding on a flat raod and went to shift and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. That's all she wrote. cloast me $800+. Have had lots of manual shifts and this was a first for me. Also have had trouble with the home link.

2003 CL Type S; 6-Speed Stick; Red/Tan
By Red Rocket on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for its high reliability (per Consumer Reports), safety (assuming same www.iihs.org crash worthiness as Honda Acord), performance (270 HP, clutch with very narrow sweet spot and 6-speed gear ratios), fun (VTEC sound/growl), styling (classic), winter traction (front wheel drive) and value (under $30k).

Not Bad But not good enough to be Acura
By dj1billion on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I know I did'nt buy a civic but, daggggg the gas mileage sucks!!! I swear that when I get on it I see the gauge move and that would'nt be so bad if it took reg. gas. But other than that know problems!

A Sleeper
By Old Duffer on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car was delivered in perfect condition. Finish and mechanicals all done well! Comfortable to drive, quiet, excellent sound system, handles well. Big trunk. 3.2 (not Type S) is a little shy on mid-range torque for spirited highway driving but is fine for touring and accepts 89 octaine witrh no complaints.

Slightly disappointed
By Italnprnce on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I really like my car especially the performance from the engine. Faster then everything but a vette. Its like a wolf in sheeps clothes. HOWEVER, I only have 13,000 miles and I am on my 2nd transmission! What is that? This new one is starting to act up too. It jerks at 40 and 60mph. There is a little too much wind noise for $30+ car.

I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!
By sheryl359 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I can't understand why Acura would discontinue this model. Shame.

The goo and the bad
By jbak on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I believe that the CL S-Type is the best value in it's class. The car is really built very well. There is not another car out there that you get so much for so little. The S-Type comes completely loaded at a price of about $33,000. It blows every BMW away in terms of features, price, and horsepower. There is only the BMW M3 that has more horses and the M3 almost costs double. I traded in a 95 BMW 325is for the Acura and all I can say is the Acurua ROCKS!!

Opus1's review
By Opus1sk on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fantstic car and a great price to boot. Super looks and performance that matches. Bose stereo is second to none. Automatic transmission that turns into a manual one with no clutch is awesome. So much fun to drive and if you get sick of shifting you can go back to the normal automatic. Steering wheel feels great along with the leather seats that are heated. Acura should be commended on their effort here.

Fun to drive!
By kkvasnicka on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've found the CL-Type S a joy to drive. I test drove the G35 also. The CL is a smoother ride. Even though is doesn't have as much horsepower, it has plenty. Bang for the buck, the CL is a much better buy.

My first Honda/Acura product
By R. Moramarco on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am very pleased with my purchse,so far, after my first year of ownership. I wanted a vehicle that did not second guess me when I stepped on the gas peddle. When I said go , I wanted my vehicle to go! And boy, does it perform. Alot of people are surprised that my style car has the power it does. I also wanted a luxury car and it is that too. It has plush leather seats and wood laminate trim.