Used 2003 Acura CL Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura CL

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Nicest car I've ever owned
By Mark O'Brien

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It's the nicest car I've ever owned. Sporty, comfortable, almost too quick. Handles very well, especially for being a luxury vehicle. I actually get better mileage than factory sticker suggests (over 30 on highway w/ the 256hp V6). If I could figure a way to keep it and purchase a truck, I would.

It's all good. Power and heated seats, power and heated mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror, traction control, high output V6, etc.

I Could Not Be Happier!
By Robert Clarke

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I found a very low mileage '03 (12,135) with the tranny warranty until 100K! It has a very comfortable ride and it is extremely quiet also. 25 to 27 MPG highway with mid-grade. It does not need premium. Plenty of power, she can get away from you. I have to keep my eyes on the speedometer. All the bells and whistles and I don't see any other ones around. This one's a keeper!

Heated comfortable seats, HID lights, Bose CD changer and quiet interior.

None.

Great car
By btaggart

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the greatest car i have ever owned. It has a great ride quality and plenty of zip. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality performance coupe.

Manual shifting of auto

Why in the world did acura discontinue this beautiful coupe!!

Type-S 6-speed
By denouve2

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What a fun car... the engine and manual transmission are the best I've driven of any car in this category. Anyone considering a 6-speed Accord coupe should try to find one these rare gems first. I find myself passing Bimmers on every stretch of road, yet this car can provide a very comfortable and safe drive in all weather conditions due to its design. The 3-series may best the CL in handling, but the Acurs's engine is far more powerful and fun to drive. The list of features and build quality cannot be topped for the money, and I'll be driving this car well over 100K.

V6 VTEC engine, 6-speed trans, supportive seats, and great Bose stereo and NAV system!

satellite radio... that's about it!

CL Fun
By tsmiththi

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My CL-S is a six-speed manual, which is superior to the automatic in this model. I have seen reports of problems in the auto trans. The car has tremendous acceleration and performance, and excellent, if unexciting, handling. I can see over 25mpg on the highway and over 21 around town (if I short-shift it). It has plenty of torque over 3500 rpm. Great fun to drive and excellent reliability so far.

Performance and handling.

Tighter turning circle, larger gas tank. Both have improved in its replacement, the new TL.