2003 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
The best for under $35,000.00
By JohnSandoval on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car rocks! It really deserves a 9.5 rating. I have never driven a better car, but then again, I have never driven a Ferrari.

No SUV for Me!
By Dr.Citrus on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Time for a new car. I thought briefly of adding still another SUV to the roads. Then I remembered that I really did love to drive once upon a time. The Acura CL is a fast, fine handling car with excellent fit and finish. The styling is not exceptional, but the engineering definitely is. Convenience items like mirror defroster, seat heaters and plenty of concealed storage are welcome. My hockey sticks fit through the (unfortunately small opening from the trunk to the rear seats. Controls are logical and well placed. The AC is effective (though whiney at times).

Great Value!
By van1 on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the car... so far so good... no complaints yet. the only thing that I havn't gotten used to yet is the driver seat... it feels like it's too high.. i have it on the lowest possible level and it still seems high.

Bad Transmission
By BadTransmission on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

All 3.2s have bad transmissions. When ours went bad they had the car for 30 days. So many transmissions were bad on the car throughout the country that there were no parts in the states to repair the car. The problem with the transmission has never been resolved. When your transmission goes bad (and it is a matter of when not if) you receive a rebuilt transmission that has already gone bad and been "repaired". Rather than recall the car and remedy the problem, Acura extended the warranty on the transmission to 7 years/70,000 miles. This warranty extensions hide the real problem. THIS CAR HAS A BAD TRANSMISSION AND IS NOT SAFE TO DRIVE.

I'm very happy
By Corehhi on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I actually have a 2001 CL and I have only had one problem with it. The sunroof rattled a little, about an hour to have it fixed. Fun car to drive and for the price I really don't see how you could go wrong. My one thought is something has changed since I bought mine. I have a Blue CL w/tan leather which seems to have only been offered the first year the model changed. I have no build quality issues at all. Also I bought my CL from Southern motors and so have a few poeple who live near me and I haven't heard anyone one having a problem with their service dept. But on the other hand I haven't used it much. Just my 2 cents.

Great Car!
By bradleybradley on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 2003 when they came out. Great car, bulletproof so far. Gotta love a Honda. We went with the Acura as you basically get one upgrade in chassis at the same price, namely the Corolla chassis (IS300) at Lexus costs more than the larger Accord based car (CL or TL) at Acura. Lexus was just comparatively over-priced.

The Pimp Mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!
By The Phil on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is one of the fastest cars I have ever driven in. Everthing from the Bose speakers to the heated seats makes this car the best quality car on the market. Personally, the 2002 version is nicer than the 2003 with the fog lights and without the tints on the front headlights. There are not many cars with this speed and performance. I have no real problems with this car so far. All I have to say is that the girls dig it! So get 1!

A good surprise
By Nagy on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Car, Great performance. I love It

sunroof rattle fix
By tliang on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

for those of u who has the same sunroof rattle/noise problem. put some armor all on the sunroof weather strip. it works really well. I don't hear a thing for a long time since.

Acura 3.2 CL
By L124RD on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun and good to drive!