Used 2003 Acura CL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Cl - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura CL

View reviews for a specific CL model:

It's Not A Legend
By Matthew James Black

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 2003 Acura 3.2CL Type S is much quicker than was my 1995 Legend; it has a higher level of technology; and it has greater convenience; but it's not a Legend. It doesn't have the big luxury car feel and road presence of the Legend. My wife complains that the Type S makes too much "boy noise" - - a fault my ears fail to detect -- but every morning it's the car she takes to work, leaving the Lexus in the garage. I've driven the car on two vacation trips this year and find that the power and handling are as good as one will find in a front-wheel drive sport coupe.

Favorite Features

The 260-horsepower engine.

Suggested Improvements

A power tilt-telescopic steering wheel, power door closing feature and the front end of the second generation Legend. But since Acura is dropping this model, it doesn't matter.

The best for under $35,000.00
By JohnSandoval

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car rocks! It really deserves a 9.5 rating. I have never driven a better car, but then again, I have never driven a Ferrari.

Favorite Features

Speed,spunk and design!

Suggested Improvements

Could have tighter steering and suspension.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By JohnRascal

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Acura CL-S, inside and out, has been carefully thought out in style, comfort, and luxury. Not an overly-built vehicle with unneeded or unnecessary knobs and "doo-dads" in the way to spoil the simplicity of design and use. This car has all the bare necessities and all the extra items built to fit the driver's and passenger's needs for a comfortable ride. Owned mine without problem for 9 months -- without even a rattle or squeak. Marvelous vehicle!

Favorite Features

I love music, so the BOSE music system fits the bill. The 260HP engine is great -- especially when you need the extra power to move you out of danger.

Suggested Improvements

Although the foot emergency brake is great so you dont have the unneeded lever in the middle of the console, I've unknowingly left it engaged several times for short distances -- needs a chime or something to remind the driver.

Fun, fun fun
By jojay

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love to drive the car. Had a 1990 Legend Coupe manual tran and loved it. My 2003 auto tran is almost as much fun and when in traffic, I can let it shift itself. I've had no problems at all since I got the car in Oct 2002. Dealer is a pleasure to work with. I just bought my wife an '03 TL!

Favorite Features

Transmission, passenger exterior side mirror, sound system, truck space

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlight off & on. Rear window power sunscreen. Mode control for sound system on steering wheel. More quiet sunroof when open, especially when "tilted." Passenger window should have auto open & close. Fog lamps.

No SUV for Me!
By Dr.Citrus

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Time for a new car. I thought briefly of adding still another SUV to the roads. Then I remembered that I really did love to drive once upon a time. The Acura CL is a fast, fine handling car with excellent fit and finish. The styling is not exceptional, but the engineering definitely is. Convenience items like mirror defroster, seat heaters and plenty of concealed storage are welcome. My hockey sticks fit through the (unfortunately small opening from the trunk to the rear seats. Controls are logical and well placed. The AC is effective (though whiney at times).

Favorite Features

Excellent handling. Tight trim and finish. Wonderful black paint with blue visible beneath.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I wish they'd work differently are the trunk hinges: they take up valuable trunk space when closed.