2003 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Great Car!
By mitchc2 on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great Car! Awesome to drive! But what were they thinking by putting a cupholder right behind the manual shifter, stupid.

Fun to drive
By mikemichel on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 97 SHO for this CL-S. I was pleasantly surprised by the acceleration and handling of the CL-S, but a bit disappointed with the minor 03 face lift. Where are the driving lights, and the new wheels are a bit boring. While I really enjoyed my SHO, I've not really missed it. I do miss a few features that the SHO had over the CL-S, things like auto locking doors, auto on-off headlights, and the combination lock on the drivers door. But these are all just nit picks.

good car
By alex7899 on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Owned this car for a while now and its a joy to drive

In love
By cor4nkc on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great engine, great value, super shifter. Really fun to drive in a very nice environment. I like the somwhat reserved styling as something that isn't a flash in the pan. Great front seats.

acura cl3.2s type
By garymp on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

great pickup, narrow seat, knee room overall performance excellent, owned one year, no problems either interior or engine, runs great all weather.

Acura quality is going down
By mad cls owner on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

First off, I love the engine, transmission, and the seats. The car accelerates well, and the ride is firm, but comfortable. The handling is pretty good for a car of this weight. What has diminished my enjoyment of the car are the various squeaks and rattles coming from the dash, passenger side seat, sunroof, and the rear of the car. This is not something I expected from an over $31,000 car. It only has 1860 miles on the odometer. Hopefully my dealer can fix these annoying problems. My Acura Integra GSR had no such problems early in its life. I will think twice before I buy another Acura.

Acura CL
By Zuchinidog on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very good car. I traded in an Audi A4, and although it was a fun car to drive, the repair bills were gettting to be very expensive. I also test drove a BWM 3, a Volvo S60 and Lexus IS300. Each was an excellent car; however, the Acura was the best choice, in my mind, when factoring in the price.

Worth the wait!
By pmok on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Waiting for the 6-speed manual is definitely worth it! The shifting is easy to handle, and acceleration is terrific. I'm usually going 80 MPH before I know it. The seats are very comfy, but it's not a car meant for more than a driver and a passenger. Spacious trunk and easy to use in-dash 6-disc changer.

Poorest Quality Honda I've ever ownerd
By 2002cldisappointment on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The driver's side armrest squeeks. A bundle of wires dropped from under the dash. The climate control sounds like it is full of leaves. I'm 5'11'' and keep hitting my head on the roof. The moonroof flutters like crazy at > 70 mph. You call this quality?

Primo
By Primo on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my CL type S for 8 months. Overall I am very satisfied with the car. Having been a previous owner of a Legend Sedan I was familiar with the quality and performance of Acura cars. As mentioned previously I dislike the low gas mileage particularly in the city. The auto stick does not allow you to shift into first gear the computer overrides this function. The turning radius is too wide. The fake marble interior is cheesy and the sound system is subpar for a vehicle of this price.