2003 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Acura 3.2 CL
By L124RD on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun and good to drive!

Tranny worse than an American Tranny
By never_ever_again on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had this car for a month, after only 1500 miles, the transmission went bad even after babying it. It doesn't shift past 2nd gear. Thought I was a rare case, but when I went to the dealer, they weren't surprised. There is a freaking 3 month waiting list for CL/TL transmissions! When I saw the www.acura-cl.com message board I wasn't the only one. They have a section dedicated to "Transmission Problems"!!! Hundreds of people are having transmission problems for a wannabe luxury car. People, stay away from the CL and TL and get an accord. The CL and TL tranny is a piece of crap.

Amazing
By I am RobG on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car!

Wonderful car!
By JW'SCL on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a well built, dependable car that is stylish both inside and out! Plus, it's a blast to drive! All of the features that usually cost extra on other cars, come standard on the Acura CL. The only negative is the design of the cupholders. They are too close together and do not hold different sized drinks well. However, if this is the only complaint about the car...I'll definitely take it!!!

i thought i was the only one!!!!!
By lesley5272 on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

oh my god, i am glad to know that i am not the only who constantly complains about the squeeky and rattling noises that come from my dash and sunroof. i have had my sunroof worked on at least 5 times. every time i take it there is a bulletin recall but the problems has yet to be solved so i give up.and now im complaining about the whistling noises that ac makes but of course they say its normal.take my advice the service dept of southern motors acura sucks. ishould have purchased a lexus!

Wow!
By Steverino054 on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was all primed up for an Audi TT and was waiting for my wife to get ready and go buy it. She was against the TT from the get go, and asked me to just try this car and she would shut up. Since the dealers were in close proximity-what could I lose? I never got to the Audi dealer. You are on the bridge of the Enterprise in this car. Everything is right at hand. No wind or engine noise at 90 mph and a solid road hugging ride.

BEST ACURA
By candy on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Too good to have munual tranny!

AWESOME! buy it!
By dreamcast18 on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car! I upgraded to wider and bigger tires and now it drives on rails! Get the Type-S! That's my only 'complain'!

Excellent Vehicle
By smoker on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had the car for a week but I love it already. It's fast, fun to drive, and loaded with features. Minor drawbacks: the car has to be on to close the sunroof and windows, and the auto-foldup on the seats to allow people into the back is slow, and also requires the car to be on. Excellent features: driving! the car handles great at fast speeds, which it has no problem accelerating to. The sport-shift feature on the automatic is great - it allows you to manually shift for extra power whenever you want to (i beat a BMW 325ci off the line using it).

Just a Great Car
By jfc129 on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far the best car I've ever driven. It's an uncompromising blend of luxary and performance. The 6M transmission makes this car just plain fun to drive. Roll down the windows, open the sunroof, and crank up the Bose sound system, what could be better? Although a little over my initlial price range I would not change my decision to buy it. If you're looking to spend 30k and love to drive this is the car for you.