2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Acura quality is going down
By mad cls owner on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

First off, I love the engine, transmission, and the seats. The car accelerates well, and the ride is firm, but comfortable. The handling is pretty good for a car of this weight. What has diminished my enjoyment of the car are the various squeaks and rattles coming from the dash, passenger side seat, sunroof, and the rear of the car. This is not something I expected from an over $31,000 car. It only has 1860 miles on the odometer. Hopefully my dealer can fix these annoying problems. My Acura Integra GSR had no such problems early in its life. I will think twice before I buy another Acura.

Worth the wait!
By pmok on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Waiting for the 6-speed manual is definitely worth it! The shifting is easy to handle, and acceleration is terrific. I'm usually going 80 MPH before I know it. The seats are very comfy, but it's not a car meant for more than a driver and a passenger. Spacious trunk and easy to use in-dash 6-disc changer.

Primo
By Primo on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my CL type S for 8 months. Overall I am very satisfied with the car. Having been a previous owner of a Legend Sedan I was familiar with the quality and performance of Acura cars. As mentioned previously I dislike the low gas mileage particularly in the city. The auto stick does not allow you to shift into first gear the computer overrides this function. The turning radius is too wide. The fake marble interior is cheesy and the sound system is subpar for a vehicle of this price.

Great Car
By Michael59 on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It is the most car you can get for your money in this class.

This is the only car to consider for 30K
By spud on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car rocks. A Honda with acceleration that actually comes close to my friends 1993 300ZX twin turbo! What more could you ask for?

Great car, great value!
By Einsatz on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After over six months of research before buying my first new car, there was no doubt of which car I had to buy. I considered the BMW 3 series (add up all the options & accessories to compare with the CL-S and it was too expensive-short and long term), the Lexus IS-300 (OMG the interiors are cardboard! FUGLY!), the Solara SLE V6 (I used to own a 92 Camry LE, they were basically the same car, also overpriced), and Audi A4 (too big). The CL-S has the best bang-for-the-buck. Built solid, looks good in and out, and lives up to its "Type S" name.

Big Bang for the Buck
By DTD on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent performance and excellent handling. Makes me want to get in it and drive. Excellent comfort and support on long trip. Easy to read gauges. Fun factor equal 10. So what are the downsides? I am a 6'and could use maybe another inch of headroom, but it is OK. Available colors are boring and dull. Best color I could find with tan. interior was white...enough said. Is the car a keeper? ABSOLUTELY!

Excellent Value
By motu on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is quiet, has excellent performance, built solid and the best value of the dollar that you can find.

Power/Performance in Disguise
By knox66 on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I first showed my new 2003 CL Type S to my friend, he wasn't impressed. "Looks like an Accord" he said. Admittedly, this car's exterior styling and sightlines haven't revolutionalized the industry. The true heart and soul of this car lied under the hood & in it's wonderfully sporty suspension and chassis system. Once I took him on an edge-of-the-seat 70-80 mph joy ride, he no longer saw this car as an Accord. I've also suprised many a city stoplight-racers in my area. After I blow them off the line with lurching tires and screaming acceleration from the VTEC 6 cylinder, I suspect they won't look at an "Accord" in the same light ever again.

Acura review
By Chris6868 on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Soid vehicle, powerful, easy cruises at 80 MPH, so watch your speed! Headroom a little tight, headlights have a dark band right in front of the car which takes a little getting used to. Smooth drive and very quite. Suspension a little stiff when going over sharp bumps (such as speed bumps). Headroom in back a little on the small side.