2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Built in Canada
By HiOSlvrCL on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After drooling over the new CL's for over a year and waiting until I could find a good preowned vehicle that Acura is known for, I ended up with what has so far been a lemon. I had terrible vibration in the brakes had to have them resurfaced and pads replaced with 29K miles on the car. Two weeks later the transmission went out. Being replaced with a remanufactured one and although all of this is done under warranty it's a big letdown for what was a $30K + luxury vehicle. My 1994 Integra is much more reliable than my new certified preowned Lemon. :-(

Amazing
By I am RobG on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car!

Wow!
By Steverino054 on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was all primed up for an Audi TT and was waiting for my wife to get ready and go buy it. She was against the TT from the get go, and asked me to just try this car and she would shut up. Since the dealers were in close proximity-what could I lose? I never got to the Audi dealer. You are on the bridge of the Enterprise in this car. Everything is right at hand. No wind or engine noise at 90 mph and a solid road hugging ride.

BEST ACURA
By candy on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Too good to have munual tranny!

Just a Great Car
By jfc129 on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far the best car I've ever driven. It's an uncompromising blend of luxary and performance. The 6M transmission makes this car just plain fun to drive. Roll down the windows, open the sunroof, and crank up the Bose sound system, what could be better? Although a little over my initlial price range I would not change my decision to buy it. If you're looking to spend 30k and love to drive this is the car for you.

Great Car!
By mitchc2 on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great Car! Awesome to drive! But what were they thinking by putting a cupholder right behind the manual shifter, stupid.

Fun to drive
By mikemichel on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 97 SHO for this CL-S. I was pleasantly surprised by the acceleration and handling of the CL-S, but a bit disappointed with the minor 03 face lift. Where are the driving lights, and the new wheels are a bit boring. While I really enjoyed my SHO, I've not really missed it. I do miss a few features that the SHO had over the CL-S, things like auto locking doors, auto on-off headlights, and the combination lock on the drivers door. But these are all just nit picks.

good car
By alex7899 on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Owned this car for a while now and its a joy to drive

In love
By cor4nkc on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great engine, great value, super shifter. Really fun to drive in a very nice environment. I like the somwhat reserved styling as something that isn't a flash in the pan. Great front seats.

acura cl3.2s type
By garymp on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

great pickup, narrow seat, knee room overall performance excellent, owned one year, no problems either interior or engine, runs great all weather.