2003 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Not bad for price
By Daniel on 03/14/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Ive owned this car for about 4 months and am enjoying. I use to own a 01 Altima so I consider this a real upgrade. Although I love this car I have had quite a few problems with it in just these 4 months of ownership. I have already had to replace the transmission and starter. I have an exhaust leak so my check engine light is always on. Acura says it will take time to find the leak ($105 an hour just to diagnose and see where the leak is coming from). The 2003 automatic CLs are also known for transmission problems. Luckily mine was 2 months away from the warranty expiring so I did not have to pay a cent. Other then those things I am pleased with this car and would recommend for the price.

Not bad so far
By Daily Driver on 05/12/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car used with 72k mi on it. Over 12k later in a few months I really like the car. It gets average mileage for a v6 if I could just keep my foot off the pedal my personal mileage would be better but I've gotten 26 - 27 mpg average from a few tanks. Its very comfortable and has a ton of leg room but limited head room at 6'1" as long as I keep the seat all the way down and slightly back its not a problem though. Great stock sound, trunk is huge, looks nice, similar to the accord but much much better. I worry a bit about the potential trans problem to surface but don't plan on keeping the car after the 107k mi extension of coverage. Would have gotten the manual type-s if I did it over.

I Could Not Be Happier!
By Robert Clarke on 11/18/06 17:18 PM (PST)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I found a very low mileage '03 (12,135) with the tranny warranty until 100K! It has a very comfortable ride and it is extremely quiet also. 25 to 27 MPG highway with mid-grade. It does not need premium. Plenty of power, she can get away from you. I have to keep my eyes on the speedometer. All the bells and whistles and I don't see any other ones around. This one's a keeper!

Great car
By btaggart on 09/19/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the greatest car i have ever owned. It has a great ride quality and plenty of zip. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality performance coupe.

Follow-up Review (7/8/03)
By Dr. Citrus on 08/07/06 12:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This 2003 CL was purchased in August 2002. The front brakes were replaced at 60K. It's been maintained by the dealership. It continues to be a fun car to drive.

2003 3.2 CL Issues
By Byana on 07/01/06 13:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Several recalls in short time frame (transmission, camshaft, fuel tank). Continually losing power steering fluid for 2 years before dealer figured out the rack & pinion unit was the source. CD player/changer operates sporadically - 90% of the time you get an error code on the display, but never when you take to the shop! Enigine has good power, but the curve flattens out to quickly (peaks around 4600rpm). Torque steer is more pronounced than in other cars in it's class.

Acura 2003 3.2 CL
By AnD on 02/04/06 23:09 PM (PST)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car to own. great to drive. Comfortable interior and good looking outside. Fuel efficient and easy to maintain so far after 36000 miles.

Follow-Up Review (See 7/8/03)
By Dr.Citrus on 03/24/05 14:16 PM (PST)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I can only echo my previous review. What I will add is that my transmission failed at 45300 miles. The car has been maintained at the dealership, and only the tires have been replaced (at 45K). Still an outstanding car. The transmissions on the 2001-2002 CLs were extended to 7 years/100K miles, but not all 2003 CLs--including this one--have been extended.

A Sleeper
By Old Duffer on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car was delivered in perfect condition. Finish and mechanicals all done well! Comfortable to drive, quiet, excellent sound system, handles well. Big trunk. 3.2 (not Type S) is a little shy on mid-range torque for spirited highway driving but is fine for touring and accepts 89 octaine witrh no complaints.

Opus1's review
By Opus1sk on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fantstic car and a great price to boot. Super looks and performance that matches. Bose stereo is second to none. Automatic transmission that turns into a manual one with no clutch is awesome. So much fun to drive and if you get sick of shifting you can go back to the normal automatic. Steering wheel feels great along with the leather seats that are heated. Acura should be commended on their effort here.