Used 2003 Acura CL 3.2 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Not bad for price
By Daniel

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Ive owned this car for about 4 months and am enjoying. I use to own a 01 Altima so I consider this a real upgrade. Although I love this car I have had quite a few problems with it in just these 4 months of ownership. I have already had to replace the transmission and starter. I have an exhaust leak so my check engine light is always on. Acura says it will take time to find the leak ($105 an hour just to diagnose and see where the leak is coming from). The 2003 automatic CLs are also known for transmission problems. Luckily mine was 2 months away from the warranty expiring so I did not have to pay a cent. Other then those things I am pleased with this car and would recommend for the price.

Comfortable heated seats, sunroof, tilting side mirror when reversing, xenon headlights

Rear wheel drive instead of front wheel drive

Not bad so far
By Daily Driver

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car used with 72k mi on it. Over 12k later in a few months I really like the car. It gets average mileage for a v6 if I could just keep my foot off the pedal my personal mileage would be better but I've gotten 26 - 27 mpg average from a few tanks. Its very comfortable and has a ton of leg room but limited head room at 6'1" as long as I keep the seat all the way down and slightly back its not a problem though. Great stock sound, trunk is huge, looks nice, similar to the accord but much much better. I worry a bit about the potential trans problem to surface but don't plan on keeping the car after the 107k mi extension of coverage. Would have gotten the manual type-s if I did it over.

Heated seats, automatic climate control, tilt side view mirror in reverse for parking, big trunk, sleek classy style, smooth ride. It was a well executed luxo/sport coupe, too bad it's gone and I can't replace it with a newer one, although the new accord coupe is very nice.

They discontinued the model unfortunately but a coupe version of the current tl would nice this time with more head room. Would have be Nice if they had re-engineered the trans and given the replacements the classic Honda no worry reliability so I could keep this car for 100s of 1,000s of miles

I Could Not Be Happier!
By Robert Clarke

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I found a very low mileage '03 (12,135) with the tranny warranty until 100K! It has a very comfortable ride and it is extremely quiet also. 25 to 27 MPG highway with mid-grade. It does not need premium. Plenty of power, she can get away from you. I have to keep my eyes on the speedometer. All the bells and whistles and I don't see any other ones around. This one's a keeper!

Heated comfortable seats, HID lights, Bose CD changer and quiet interior.

None.

Great car
By btaggart

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the greatest car i have ever owned. It has a great ride quality and plenty of zip. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality performance coupe.

Manual shifting of auto

Why in the world did acura discontinue this beautiful coupe!!

Follow-up Review (7/8/03)
By Dr. Citrus

2003 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This 2003 CL was purchased in August 2002. The front brakes were replaced at 60K. It's been maintained by the dealership. It continues to be a fun car to drive.

Fun to drive

As the miles rack up, I'll be looking for another car in the not too distant future. Problem is there isn't another car on the market that offers the blend of style, performance and price.