2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
11 years and counting
By bill2003cl on 11/08/13 21:56 PM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My CD player just died and I had to consider whether to pat $400 to have it fixed or possibly getting a new car and going with getting the CD fixed. After 11 years and 150,000 miles, it's showing its age externally, but it still drives great. I just had the manual transmission fluid changed for the first time. With no radio for a couple of weeks I could appreciate how great the engine purrs. If you can find a used one with a manual, I would recommend it. It sounds like it should be good for another 100,000 miles and only an Audi or a BMW might seem like an improvement.

Great blend of touring comfort and performance in a mid priced coupe
By jimmbbo on 04/02/11 19:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car new after having had Honda Acuras and Preludes for a decade, and I wanted to move up. Was struck immediately by its spirited performance, good handling and comfort for long drives. The styling is refined and understated, but clearly not head turning. Interior is well finished, and mechanically the car has been excellent. Straight line acceleration is faster than it feels, and it's a blast to drive in the curves. The manual six speed is smooth, and perfectly matched to the engine and car... RECOMMENDED!

You want quick and reliable? Start here
By airplane nerd on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

By a large margin, the best car I've owned in more than a half-century on the road. Impressive response to throttle inputs, smooth shifts, excellent torque, even in 5th gear, pretty decent mileage (22 with a lot of stop-and-go 25-mi commutes into DC and back). Virtually no shop time other than for reg maintenance, brakes went 60K before replacement. Finish holding up very well despite outside parking at home. The kid wants to know when I'll be too old to drive it so she can have it, even tho she's not sure why there are three pedals. When they pry my cold, dead fingers from the shift knob, that's when. Or when Acura builds me a suitable and acceptable successor.

Great Car
By Happy Driver on 04/27/10 11:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car new. After 140K I still love it. One repair (about a month ago) other than normal maintenance. Fast (enough), quiet, comfortable, reasonable mileage for this type of car. Build quality is excellant. Styling still looks good. If they still made them I'd buy another in a skinny minute. I do NOT like the newest generation TL even though the mechanicals are pretty much the same. If you're looking for a great used car, the CL-S should be on your list. You'll have to get another one though, I'm keeping mine!

The goo and the bad
By jbak on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I believe that the CL S-Type is the best value in it's class. The car is really built very well. There is not another car out there that you get so much for so little. The S-Type comes completely loaded at a price of about $33,000. It blows every BMW away in terms of features, price, and horsepower. There is only the BMW M3 that has more horses and the M3 almost costs double. I traded in a 95 BMW 325is for the Acura and all I can say is the Acurua ROCKS!!

My first Honda/Acura product
By R. Moramarco on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am very pleased with my purchse,so far, after my first year of ownership. I wanted a vehicle that did not second guess me when I stepped on the gas peddle. When I said go , I wanted my vehicle to go! And boy, does it perform. Alot of people are surprised that my style car has the power it does. I also wanted a luxury car and it is that too. It has plush leather seats and wood laminate trim.

Best Value if You Can Find Any Left
By Gawain on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

There was a silver 6sp/CL-S that I had my eye on for months at the dealer. Knowing that 2003 was the last model year, I figured I would be able to pick one up for a good price. Indeed. I did. This car comes with everything. The build quality is top notch. The engine, ooh, that engine. Tranny, a slick shifting dream! Quiet cabin, excellent ergonomics. Honda builds great cars!

Not your mother's accord!
By jorruss on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is great fun to drive with the 6 speed. It loves to go fast and it will do so in style and comfort. Add Comptech springs and get rid of the crappy Michelins and the handling of the car improves dramatically! I can toss it around corners with reckless abandon and it handles predictably and stays flat through the turn. The many aftermarket performance parts available from comptech will make this car as fast and furious as your pocketbook can handle!

Best Car I've Owned (oh, & THE MOST FUN)
By TMRNewYork on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This Car kicks tail! I swear I've never seen such a well put together package - in terms of workmanship, performance, comfort, thrill-to-drive, and sexiness - of a car, especially for the price, ever in my life. We're talking under six seconds for 0-60mph, leather seats and a slew of other luxury features that are standard, four passanger bucket seats that are heated, close shifting and a rev happy if you want it to be so engine, etc. etc. etc. - and all for thousands less than its competitors.

Fun in a descreete package
By silvervtec96 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been a blast since the day i picked it up. It performs and handles well. I can't really think of anything I don't like about this car. I think that the seats are probably some of the most comfortable seat I've ever been in. This car is full of features and is fun to dive.