Used 2002 Acura CL Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Luxurious fun
By Rarb

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Superb quality, refined styling inside and out. The entire cockpit is a dream. Plenty of power to have some fun with. Very reliable - no problems whatsoever in 4 years of ownership.

Comfort, speed & power, refined luxury. Nice stereo.

None. This is close to a perfect car.

Quality, Comfort, Quickness
By DLarrison

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car with 50,000 miles on it. It was a lease turn in and was/is in amazing shape. The sleek design and dual exaust caught my eye immediately. There are many well designed creature comforts to keep you occupied and comfortable on any drive. The smoothness, power and handling will get your heart pounding. The exaust sounds during excelleration are very satisfying and not overwhelming. This car was for me the moment I sat down in it and turned the key.

All the features of the car make it a near perfect package. I would have to say my favorite features are the 225 horses and the great gas mileage that goes with them.

I do not like the fact that it is only a four seater. The back seat is designed for only two when three kids could fit comfortably.

Little Luxury
By bkd

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2002 Acura CL 3.2 for just over a year now. I love this car. I did a lot of research before buying it, and after driving it, I was sold. I like the sleek look of the car. The interior is nice and roomy. The seats are comfortable, and the car offers all the little luxuries of a more expensive car. I love the heated seats, the dimming mirror, and the sound system. With 225 hp, the CL has some great get up and go. It handles well at high speeds. The gas mileage is better than I thought. Maintenance has been very low in the last year.

Reliable, Fun, Powerful, Roomy (for a coupe), Low maintenance, Holds it's value, Traction Control, Heated seats

Lot of wind noise with the sun roof open.

Best FWD coupe
By Jian Sun

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great power with great gas milage using sportshift (up to 50 miles more than autoshift out of a full tank). Right door does not line up with body. Dealer made some improvement but clearly a building quality issue. Overall, body (not wheel base) is too long and not tall enough. Great value and no complaints for anything else.

Almost everything came standard; Strong torque at low RPM; Quiet and very low engine rpm in highway cruising; Comfort seat; Good solid vehicle weight.

Less pointy nose (see improvement with the new TL); More head room; RWD; Even weight distribution (not 60/40 making turns like a truck)

Would never buy it again
By B. Greenfield

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It is glubby when in the driver's seat. It is uncomfortable to drive in. Just trying to turn the steering wheel can give you a hernia. It is as if the power steering fluid is empty. The seat backs are so high you cannot see behind you when you back up. Trying to move the front seat up when getting in the back seat is next to impossible. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and I am very unhappy. I can't believe I traded my wonderful 1988 Acura Legen Coupe for this monster.

The leather looks nice inside.

Re-do this car so a woman can drive it instead of needing a 400 pound hercules.