2002 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
No complaints
By xtbkidm3 on 06/28/11 14:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my CL in 2004 with only 19k and drove it until 140k. I changed the oil, tires, and brakes and that's it. Never had a problem. The transmission went out at 90k but the dealership replaced it under warranty. This is a great reliable car that also is great in the winter as well. I would recommended this car to anyone.

We had a great run!
By bkdice on 08/05/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just parted with my 2002 CL. I bought it in Jan of 04 and put about 71K miles on it. This car was always fun to drive, reliable, inexpensive to maintain, and the gas mileage was great! 23 city / 33 hwy was my average. I did have my transmission go at 99,800 miles - but Acura replaced for free under warranty (there was a recall / warranty extension on these!). This car will be missed. Wish Acura had continued with the coupe.

New to this Acura
By Nuggets2008 on 12/16/08 22:00 PM (PST)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought Acura CL 2002 base model with only 35,000 original miles. It was a lease in FL and I live in Co. So this car was taken care of. It is a very smooth car with a lot of power. I came from a 1992 Acura GS, which I was hit an ran on but survived to tell this story. Overall it's a very smooth and comfortable ride with nice luxury features.

MPG is Poor!
By cangold on 09/26/07 06:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a pre-cert w/ only 35K. The CL looks like new. I bought w/extended warranty 4/48 because of the tranny issues. Drives like a dream. I do a lot of hwy driving and only avg 18-20 MPG. Did better on my 93 Lexus. Hope to keep for at least 4 yrs.

2002 Acura CL
By J Denning on 01/12/07 17:38 PM (PST)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 2002. It is a beautiful car.

Luxurious fun
By Rarb on 10/01/06 02:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Superb quality, refined styling inside and out. The entire cockpit is a dream. Plenty of power to have some fun with. Very reliable - no problems whatsoever in 4 years of ownership.

Quality, Comfort, Quickness
By DLarrison on 05/20/06 06:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car with 50,000 miles on it. It was a lease turn in and was/is in amazing shape. The sleek design and dual exaust caught my eye immediately. There are many well designed creature comforts to keep you occupied and comfortable on any drive. The smoothness, power and handling will get your heart pounding. The exaust sounds during excelleration are very satisfying and not overwhelming. This car was for me the moment I sat down in it and turned the key.

Little Luxury
By bkd on 03/18/05 10:03 AM (PST)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2002 Acura CL 3.2 for just over a year now. I love this car. I did a lot of research before buying it, and after driving it, I was sold. I like the sleek look of the car. The interior is nice and roomy. The seats are comfortable, and the car offers all the little luxuries of a more expensive car. I love the heated seats, the dimming mirror, and the sound system. With 225 hp, the CL has some great get up and go. It handles well at high speeds. The gas mileage is better than I thought. Maintenance has been very low in the last year.

Best FWD coupe
By Jian Sun on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great power with great gas milage using sportshift (up to 50 miles more than autoshift out of a full tank). Right door does not line up with body. Dealer made some improvement but clearly a building quality issue. Overall, body (not wheel base) is too long and not tall enough. Great value and no complaints for anything else.

Would never buy it again
By B. Greenfield on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It is glubby when in the driver's seat. It is uncomfortable to drive in. Just trying to turn the steering wheel can give you a hernia. It is as if the power steering fluid is empty. The seat backs are so high you cannot see behind you when you back up. Trying to move the front seat up when getting in the back seat is next to impossible. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and I am very unhappy. I can't believe I traded my wonderful 1988 Acura Legen Coupe for this monster.