2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Great car
By withone on 03/21/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great interior, enjoy the ride, great gas mileage average 24 mpg and I have a heavy foot. Previous cars: 98 xj8, 97 prelude,94 civic ex coupe, 84 crx, 82 firebird. Honda products by far the best.

Awesome car.
By PB on 09/25/06 03:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Although used at 68000 when I purchased it, the car was immaculate in and out. It runs well but might need new springs,struts. Also the navagation system needed upgrading. That aside, the car is a dream to own and drive. Love it.

Never Again.
By austexdesigner on 07/31/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My 2002 Acura 3.2 CL S-type has eaten its second transmission and it has only 58K on it. The first one went out at 38K. All Acura seems to be doing with this "recall" is replacing the transmission with a new one of the same faulty part. I know two other people who have had at least 2 transmissions in this same year/make of car. For any new car, this is just unforgiveably lousy reliability and quality. (especially for the price range that this car was in as a new car.) I will never buy another Acura product again after this experience.

Great car!!!
By Fighter on 03/14/05 08:29 AM (PST)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had pontiac GTO 2004 before this car. What a mistake. I love my CL-S. Great engine, seamless interior, classic exterior forms. HID, heated seats. I love this car. I got it for 18K with 20K miles only.

TYPE S
By JAMES THURSTON on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

GREAT ALL-AROUND CAR.VERY RELIABLE,THE ONE FEATURE THAT IS A BOTHER IS THE FRONT SEAT BELT SYSTEM WHICH DO NOT ALLWAYS RETRACT AND GET CAUGHT IN THE DOOR WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED.

Acura CL
By perantoni00 on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Best car I've ever owned

By Kevin C. on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for a little over 2 years now and have mostly had a great experience for the entire 66K miles. Transmission went about 6K ago and was replaced as it is a recall item. I expect everyone will have this issue at one time or another so plan on it. (It did make it to my dealer 60 Mi. away though, avoiding the tow). Ride and accelleration are great as is the interior confort and features.

I love this car
By jhslaw on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am a sports car person. I have had English sports cars, GM muscle cars, Nissan Z's, Supra's, etc. This is the best of the bunch for all around driving. The handling isn't as good as a rwd car, but I expected that. The pure power and comfort are astounding, both to me (57 year old male) and my son (22). You can drive this for 300+ miles straight and climb out without any fatigue. I have heard about transmission problems with early production versions (primarily 2001), but I have had no problems, of any kind, with any part of this car. It is a shame the model was discontinued, I would buy another. The new TL is on my short list at new car time.

LOVE THIS CAR!!!
By CLYDE on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

22000 THOUSAND GREAT MILES AND STILL LOVE THIS CAR

Do not BUY, all used are lemons
By CL/TL Lemon on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has had three transmissions, warped brakes, malfunction navigation, interior rattles, and cheap leather.Quality is a serious problem, and Acura is not helpful.It still has problems and Acura has stopped talking to me.Atty Swann and 4000.00 later I parked the car.Dealership even dropped it off the lift last time.Car has been torn apart so many times the car feels stretched.They know they have a problem, NTHSA did an investigation and found the transmissions faulty, oh and Acura discontinued the line, CL and TL.Honda isn't what it used to be.My 2000 Ram Air gave me no problems, American cars have indeed come a long way.