Used 2002 Acura CL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

No complaints
By xtbkidm3

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my CL in 2004 with only 19k and drove it until 140k. I changed the oil, tires, and brakes and that's it. Never had a problem. The transmission went out at 90k but the dealership replaced it under warranty. This is a great reliable car that also is great in the winter as well. I would recommended this car to anyone.

Reliability, sound system, seat warmers

Adjustable head rest.

We had a great run!
By bkdice

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just parted with my 2002 CL. I bought it in Jan of 04 and put about 71K miles on it. This car was always fun to drive, reliable, inexpensive to maintain, and the gas mileage was great! 23 city / 33 hwy was my average. I did have my transmission go at 99,800 miles - but Acura replaced for free under warranty (there was a recall / warranty extension on these!). This car will be missed. Wish Acura had continued with the coupe.

Fun to drive, good acceleration, great fuel economy, auto dimming rear view, heated seats. Roomy for a coupe and a large trunk.

Rotors. The factory ones would warp within 2000 miles. I finally replaced with slotted Frozen Rotors and they worked AWESOME! Had transmission issue - but replaced free under 'recall'

New to this Acura
By Nuggets2008

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought Acura CL 2002 base model with only 35,000 original miles. It was a lease in FL and I live in Co. So this car was taken care of. It is a very smooth car with a lot of power. I came from a 1992 Acura GS, which I was hit an ran on but survived to tell this story. Overall it's a very smooth and comfortable ride with nice luxury features.

ALL the power, the stereo is amazing! It does well in the snow on new yokahoma avid tires.

Gas mileage sometimes is hard to measure.

Great car
By withone

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great interior, enjoy the ride, great gas mileage average 24 mpg and I have a heavy foot. Previous cars: 98 xj8, 97 prelude,94 civic ex coupe, 84 crx, 82 firebird. Honda products by far the best.

Power and good gas mileage. ac so cold have to turn it down.

MPG is Poor!
By cangold

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a pre-cert w/ only 35K. The CL looks like new. I bought w/extended warranty 4/48 because of the tranny issues. Drives like a dream. I do a lot of hwy driving and only avg 18-20 MPG. Did better on my 93 Lexus. Hope to keep for at least 4 yrs.

Interior is very quiet. Feels tight and safe to drive.

Don't like how the seat retracts way back to get in. Horrible gas mileage.