2002 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
No complaints
By xtbkidm3 on 06/28/11 14:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my CL in 2004 with only 19k and drove it until 140k. I changed the oil, tires, and brakes and that's it. Never had a problem. The transmission went out at 90k but the dealership replaced it under warranty. This is a great reliable car that also is great in the winter as well. I would recommended this car to anyone.

We had a great run!
By bkdice on 08/05/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just parted with my 2002 CL. I bought it in Jan of 04 and put about 71K miles on it. This car was always fun to drive, reliable, inexpensive to maintain, and the gas mileage was great! 23 city / 33 hwy was my average. I did have my transmission go at 99,800 miles - but Acura replaced for free under warranty (there was a recall / warranty extension on these!). This car will be missed. Wish Acura had continued with the coupe.

New to this Acura
By Nuggets2008 on 12/16/08 22:00 PM (PST)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought Acura CL 2002 base model with only 35,000 original miles. It was a lease in FL and I live in Co. So this car was taken care of. It is a very smooth car with a lot of power. I came from a 1992 Acura GS, which I was hit an ran on but survived to tell this story. Overall it's a very smooth and comfortable ride with nice luxury features.

Great car
By withone on 03/21/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great interior, enjoy the ride, great gas mileage average 24 mpg and I have a heavy foot. Previous cars: 98 xj8, 97 prelude,94 civic ex coupe, 84 crx, 82 firebird. Honda products by far the best.

MPG is Poor!
By cangold on 09/26/07 06:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a pre-cert w/ only 35K. The CL looks like new. I bought w/extended warranty 4/48 because of the tranny issues. Drives like a dream. I do a lot of hwy driving and only avg 18-20 MPG. Did better on my 93 Lexus. Hope to keep for at least 4 yrs.

2002 Acura CL
By J Denning on 01/12/07 17:38 PM (PST)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 2002. It is a beautiful car.

Luxurious fun
By Rarb on 10/01/06 02:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Superb quality, refined styling inside and out. The entire cockpit is a dream. Plenty of power to have some fun with. Very reliable - no problems whatsoever in 4 years of ownership.

Awesome car.
By PB on 09/25/06 03:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Although used at 68000 when I purchased it, the car was immaculate in and out. It runs well but might need new springs,struts. Also the navagation system needed upgrading. That aside, the car is a dream to own and drive. Love it.

Never Again.
By austexdesigner on 07/31/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My 2002 Acura 3.2 CL S-type has eaten its second transmission and it has only 58K on it. The first one went out at 38K. All Acura seems to be doing with this "recall" is replacing the transmission with a new one of the same faulty part. I know two other people who have had at least 2 transmissions in this same year/make of car. For any new car, this is just unforgiveably lousy reliability and quality. (especially for the price range that this car was in as a new car.) I will never buy another Acura product again after this experience.

Quality, Comfort, Quickness
By DLarrison on 05/20/06 06:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car with 50,000 miles on it. It was a lease turn in and was/is in amazing shape. The sleek design and dual exaust caught my eye immediately. There are many well designed creature comforts to keep you occupied and comfortable on any drive. The smoothness, power and handling will get your heart pounding. The exaust sounds during excelleration are very satisfying and not overwhelming. This car was for me the moment I sat down in it and turned the key.

1 2 3 4 5 next »