2001 Acura CL 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - For My Money-Unbeatable

2001 Acura CL - Consumer Review

3.2 Coupe (3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic)

For My Money-Unbeatable
By Paul on

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Acura may not have won over the hardcore luxury sports car owners, but this car is amazing for the price. You're given a standard 3.2 liter with 225 horsepower and I get about 24 mpg average. On the highway it can reach 30 mpg. The car is already loaded (no options): 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, dual power seats, TCS, 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, auto-manual 5 speed trans., auto climate control, power sunroof. All this for under $33k. The 225 horsepower engine delivers a brilliant tone and is pretty quick. The styling is a large improvement from the older model as well. The interior is so easy to navigate too. The seats are comfortable and leather clad.

Favorite Features

Ease of use, the engine power and exhaust note, all the standard features, price, roomy for a two door

Suggested Improvements

If the car were to be brought back I'd make it a RWD to really be a luxury sports car and add a paddle shifter gear box, steering and suspension are very sloppy and loose too, stiffen shocks and change steering to rack and pinion.