Class and performance at a fair price
By ChicagoJay on
2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I got into this car used, with 45,000 miles after owning a custom-ordered '99 Grand Prix GTX (GTP w/ SLP upgrades). I have to say, 3 years later, the Acura has definitely held its value better than my Grand Prix did. It also performed comparably, but is much quieter. The interior is what really sets the Acura apart. Good leather, wood grain plastic, hooks to keep the foot mats in place (the Grand Prix required after-market mats because the factory ones were useless). To top it all off, my Acura was assembled in Toledo, OH whereas my Grand Prix was put together in Canada. The Acura is a bit heavier than the Grand Prix, so it doesn't corner as well, and it's not as fast off the start.
Favorite Features
Defintely the nav system! I don't think I'll ever own a car without one from now on! The VTEC rocks too.
Suggested Improvements
The CL is discontinued, so this doesn't really apply. But the gadgets in my '01 Acura were a good 5 years behind the gadgets my '99 Grand Prix had. This may be intentional, as Honda makes sure everything is well tested before it ships. But I was disappointed with the layout of the audio controls.