2001 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Great Car!
By Ange on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive, very comfortable and sharp! I couldn't have asked for a better more reliable car. It's the smoothest ride ever.

my Acura CL-S
By esther1@sonic.net on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Thoroughly satisfied. A kick to own and drive. Really quick when needed, even when not needed. Exceptional. And, it's a nice looking car with the prettiest tush of any car.

Awesome Sports/Luxury Car!!!
By Jeff Mac on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Please test drive this car before you pass judgment. This Type S is just awesome. I have a Black CL Type S with tinted windows and tan (parchment) leather interior. Put in 6 of your favorite CDs in the CD changer, roll down the windows, open the sunroof and go. 260 horsepower!!! This Acura is fast. There will be few cars that can beat it 0-60. Very few. Vette, 911, but nothing more comfortable, afordable and with so many standard features. What a great ride. Highly recommend. Enjoy!

Nice with bells & whistles
By aswafford on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Not quite as sexy as it could be in design, but very comfortable and speedy pickup. No major problems.

Best car in its class
By JLW1212 on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This was my second car, I went from an Acura Integra and although I paid twice as much, its 10 times the Integra will ever be. I was in my market for a BMW 330Ci and to me the 3.2CL beat it out in every catergory. This is a fantastic buy and the 225 HP is a big improvement from 140 HP.

Finally, a good car decision!
By Victor in CA on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After my 96 Corvette bit the dust with only 60,000 miles I went car shopping. Considered the Nissan Z and the Infiniti G35 coupe but kept coming back to the CL-S. I bought a 01 with 35k miles and it's perfect. The performance isn't what the Corvette was but I no longer need a kidney belt after long road trips. The CL-S is the perfect compromise between luxury and sport with Honda reliability. After having gone from a Prelude to a Corvette, the GM design was really disappointing.

I love my acura
By Cinci on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It is fun to drive and looks good. I bought mine used and got a great deal! I'm sticking with Acura for my next car.

No More Acuras in My Future
By Car Girl on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Although somewhat stylish and powerful, the number of trips to the service department has lessened my exuberance for ever owning an Acura again. My first experience of driving my new car off the delaer lot was a glowing check engine light..related to the transmission... to my latest experience of having the same part replaced for the second time. From the petty annoyances of rattles to the ongoing transmission problem, this car has been a disappointment.

What a great Car
By Durks on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just love it. Great vehicle. Lots of power, Makes the 30 min commute a brezze. I can't wait to put some more power under the hood. Recommend everyone try it.

Overall Good
By johnlemvp on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up the car used. 2001 CL-S w/ Navigation. Its pretty luxurious, some well though out features. Suspension is pretty stiff, but it is a Type-S after all. The only major thing I hate about it are the rattles. I was able to fix the rear rattling, but I still get rattles from the side. The Navigation is really nice, I just need to buy a never version of the software on DVD.