Used 2001 Acura CL Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Love it But...
By wohojr

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and and LOVE IT BUT...the real selling points being it was a Honda (I've owned 5), offered terrific value for the money and was a step up from my 94 Accord EXL four door. It was a coupe but practical enough to drive to work and enjoy all that power and luxury. Where this car let me down was when I had to replace the transmission at 15K! Acura stood behind their product and replaced it for free and even upped the warranty to cover any future problems but it fundamentally changed how I felt about the car. However, nothing else has gone wrong and I'm at 38K now. Acura killed the resale market when they canceled the CL in 03, so I'll be keeping her for awhile longer.

Xenon lights, engine, heated mirrors, interior design/layout, heated seats, 6 CD in dash stereo, exclusivity (now that they don't make them anymore and compared to my Accord days when every other car on the road seemed like it was another Accord)

TRANSMISSION (which even now downshifts roughly at times), easily scratched wheels, poor resale value--Acura/Honda in general needs to stay in the coupe market and not abandon it (or their loyal customers) so willingly as they've done with the Prelude and CL-- whats next the S2000 or RSX?

None better in 2001
By LC

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In 2001 if you wanted power, reliability, comfort, good looks and fuel economy, CL-S was clearly the best buy. The car makes 1,000 foot elevation climbs in the Rockies seem like the flats of Kansas. 68,000 miles and no problems. No sense trading it in; this will be my first car over 100,000 miles since my 73 Dodge.

Bucket seats, 260 hp, 25mpg., always starts, low maintenance.

Paint that shines (2005 TL is no better).

Acura CL Type S
By Steve

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great, fun car to drive. Luxury with some sport car features. Very reliable mechanically. Looks sharp!

Navigation is very easy to use. Techtronic shift is fun.

N/A

3 years and still in love...
By lil_dreamer13

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 01' CL Certified in September 2002. I fell in love with it then and am still in love with it now. At the time, I was also looking at the Lexus IS, but it felt like I was cramped up in an upgraded version of my Civic SI. The CL has all the luxurious interior features, a powerful engine so it is at a great value. The transmission was recalled, but Acura replaced it at their cost. I've been a CL owner for 3 years now and don't even have an itch to look at other cars because I'm very happily satisfied. When I'm in the market to purchase a new car, it would definitely be another Acura hands down... Perhaps the TL. ;)

3.2L VTec engine, Heated Leather Seats (esp the driver's seat), large interior cavity, handling, dependable, Bose 6 disc cd changer, huge trunk space, feels heavy and safe.

Absolutely nothing... except the automatic rear passenger seats. I never know when the seat will stop before my rear passenger gets squished.

Unreal Unreal
By Awesome

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I must say it handles and rides better then 99% of the vehicles I have driven. Very reliable, very fast, very well built, no complaints. Resale is wonderful and so is gas mileage. BUY ONE

In dash 6 disk cd changer, heated seats, heated mirrors, 260hp vtec engine, bose stereo.

Just a touch more low end torque other than that nothing.