2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

3.2 Type-S 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (90 reviews )
No More Acuras in My Future
By Car Girl on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Although somewhat stylish and powerful, the number of trips to the service department has lessened my exuberance for ever owning an Acura again. My first experience of driving my new car off the delaer lot was a glowing check engine light..related to the transmission... to my latest experience of having the same part replaced for the second time. From the petty annoyances of rattles to the ongoing transmission problem, this car has been a disappointment.

What a great Car
By Durks on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just love it. Great vehicle. Lots of power, Makes the 30 min commute a brezze. I can't wait to put some more power under the hood. Recommend everyone try it.

Overall Good
By johnlemvp on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up the car used. 2001 CL-S w/ Navigation. Its pretty luxurious, some well though out features. Suspension is pretty stiff, but it is a Type-S after all. The only major thing I hate about it are the rattles. I was able to fix the rear rattling, but I still get rattles from the side. The Navigation is really nice, I just need to buy a never version of the software on DVD.

I love it
By Kevin Durkin on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So much fun, A great value

FAST AND FUN
By FLYER0029 on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

THIS CAR IS JUST PLAIN AMAZING. THE SOLID BUILD AND EXCELLENT ENGINEERING MAKE THIS A JOY TO DRIVE!!

Best still
By BJWANG on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nice Strong fast car...

I Love My CL-S
By Jersey Girl on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

25,000 miles and not a single mechanical problem here. The car is a blast to drive and my bright red CL- Type S still gets envious looks! It's fast and smooth. It's easy to do 85 mph on the highway before you even realize it. The only complaints I have are a thin paint job...it seems to scratch and chip easily and noise from the moonroof if I leave the cover open. Other than that, I am an extremely satisfied customer. I would buy another Acura in a heartbeat!

Nice for Price
By Kobe on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Really like the performance of this vehicle and the styling is far superior to earlier CLs. I am coming up on end of 3 year lease and may actually buy it. Only issue is minor quality issues such as sunroof, radio and faulty indicator lights.

Great Car!
By FreddieG on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car all around. Smooth engine and transmission. Simply elegant styling. Great finish!

2001 CL Type S - The perfect car
By CLTypeSmacura on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 98 Acura and was sure I'd never buy another Acura. That was until I saw the totally redesigned CL (2001 model). As soon as I saw it, I knew I'd have to buy it. After I drove it, there was no chance i'd pass on this car. It handles amazingly, it's incredibly fast and the price was perfect. I got all the features my friends had to pay close to $50K for in their BMW's and Mercedes. Only I had enough money left over to be able to afford flooring my car to blow them away. I love my Acura. I can't part with it.