2001 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
my second acura in five years
By richard d. ross on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In 1995 I started looking at cars. I could afford cars such as the Audi A4, the Lexus ES300, and the BMW 300 series. In July 1998, I decided on the Camry XLE V6 but that month Acura released its new 1999 TL. After three test drives, on 9-29-98 I bought the TL, a superb car, comfortable and responsive. In 2001 I test drove the new Acura CL 3.2Type S with navigation system. It was so outstanding, I bought it on 6-26-01. I am definitely sold on Acura now. Unlike other manufacturers, Honda/Acura gives a car that is fully equiped so you aren't forced to pay premium prices for equipment plus Acuras are so reliable and great to drive.

3.2 type S awsome piece of machine
By srsergior on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

very fun car to drive. I drove from coast to coast and back. The best trip of my life. very reliable and fun to drive. I wish the dealer will give you the option to add navagation if you change your mine. very nice car.

I love my CL
By CLgal on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my black on black CL for six months and am a true believer. It is an all-around solid car with so many great features. The creature comforts, postitioning of instruments, and overall look and feel are second to none. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a combination of luxury, style, and reliability.

Better Than You Think
By Bernie's Acura on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my CL-S w/nav from the first day. It has performed outstandingly in all types of weather conditions. Car is used on trips between home and Boston and it just "flies" on the roads. Ride is smooth but there is some wind noise above 65 and on rough roads. Overall, the CL-S is the best car that I have owned. I have had Acuras since 1985 and began with the 1980 Honda Acord. All excellent vehicles

Would buy another one in a heartbeat...
By Trepond on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The beauty of this car is that it spacious, luxurious, and sporty at the same time. The wood grain on the inside could use some work, it's the only thing that disappoints me on the car. The nice thing about Acura is every Type S comes with a sunroof, 6 disc changer, heated seats, and more. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a dependable, fun car to drive.

Poor ACURA
By Silver-CL on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Well, if you like to spend time in the dealership, then I suggest you buy this car. I am currently on my fourth transmission. 52K miles. Time for a new car. Sorry ACURA.

Everyday Sports Car
By PCO on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Opens up a can of whoop on most cars. Quiet, fast, great Hwy mileage. My kids want it when I am ready to trade. An everyday sports car that seats four.......

NOW...Read This!! The 3.2CL-S is AWESOME
By Acura4Ashlee on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After wreaking my '99 Prelude in April I didn't know what to buy! After doing a little research, I found a blue '01 CL-S at a Chevy dealership...(yep, Chevy)...and for a great price too!! The car only had 8800 miles on it. The test drive was awesome. I fell in love with the car as soon as I sat in it! The dealership said some guy traded it in for a Corvette (feel sorry for him). All I can say is that I'm glad that he did! I'm not crazy about Corvettes....but my Acura.....now that's a different story!!

Awesome
By msw on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

very classy, powerful v6 type s motor, roomy, spacious trunk room

Great All Around Touring Car
By terri2 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Quality is very good on this car. Drive feel is smooth and controlled. Great reliability.