2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

3.2 Type-S 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (90 reviews )
It's really a shame
By blanco on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

At 47,000 miles my poor tranny died. This problem has caused a very obvious and apparent drop in resale value - and frankly I have little confidence the rebuild Acura supplied will "tow the line" for the long haul. It's too bad because otherwise this car is near perfect for my needs and desires. The motor is awesome. Probably the smoothest revving V6 out there - and it has good torque thru the power band. Close to BMW smoothness really - but a I-6 should always be superior to the V-6. Handling is excellent, solid feedback through the wheel for a FWD car.

Great car
By Jgrupp on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is fun to drive, is responsive, has a great passing gear, wish it had been available in six speed when I got the car... Great buy.

Sweet car
By Best car out there on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Since purchasing the CL Type-s I have thouroughly exploited the traction control and VSA and V-tec appropriatly. Being only 24 and owning this car is truly an experience. Not driving this car the way that its meant to be driven is like having 1000 watt speakers hooked up to a 250 watt amp.

Great Car
By Mick1070 on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a luxurios sports car Not a sport luxury car. The most comfortable driving car I've owned.

Awesome CL- Type S
By Rlynch on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car as a certified pre- owned car. I looked at other car on the market with other car companies, but for the money and the features that this car has to offer, there is nothing on the market today.

hot rod with class
By coolyma on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

i only want to say it is hot rod with class

my second acura in five years
By richard d. ross on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In 1995 I started looking at cars. I could afford cars such as the Audi A4, the Lexus ES300, and the BMW 300 series. In July 1998, I decided on the Camry XLE V6 but that month Acura released its new 1999 TL. After three test drives, on 9-29-98 I bought the TL, a superb car, comfortable and responsive. In 2001 I test drove the new Acura CL 3.2Type S with navigation system. It was so outstanding, I bought it on 6-26-01. I am definitely sold on Acura now. Unlike other manufacturers, Honda/Acura gives a car that is fully equiped so you aren't forced to pay premium prices for equipment plus Acuras are so reliable and great to drive.

3.2 type S awsome piece of machine
By srsergior on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

very fun car to drive. I drove from coast to coast and back. The best trip of my life. very reliable and fun to drive. I wish the dealer will give you the option to add navagation if you change your mine. very nice car.

Better Than You Think
By Bernie's Acura on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my CL-S w/nav from the first day. It has performed outstandingly in all types of weather conditions. Car is used on trips between home and Boston and it just "flies" on the roads. Ride is smooth but there is some wind noise above 65 and on rough roads. Overall, the CL-S is the best car that I have owned. I have had Acuras since 1985 and began with the 1980 Honda Acord. All excellent vehicles

Would buy another one in a heartbeat...
By Trepond on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The beauty of this car is that it spacious, luxurious, and sporty at the same time. The wood grain on the inside could use some work, it's the only thing that disappoints me on the car. The nice thing about Acura is every Type S comes with a sunroof, 6 disc changer, heated seats, and more. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a dependable, fun car to drive.