2001 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Best buy we ever made in a used car
By Myrtle Young on 02/26/06 14:31 PM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle used from a private party using Edmunds guide. It was in impeccable shape and has held it's value. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone although there has been one major expense to date, a power inverter for the headlights. It handles so well and has been a joy to own.

acura cl s-type
By acuraowner on 12/28/05 00:50 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

purchased a certified preowned CL, Acura stands by their warranty BUT too many trips to the service dept.; car rides smoothly, great on gas but constant engine light problems; transmission had to be replaced soon after i purchased but dealer covered costs - car was in dealership for 3 weeks!!! tire rims do scratch easily; paint job is poor; side airbag lights keep coming on, dealership says its nothing; maintenance cost not too bad; rear passenger seats only for 2; bose system is weak; cd's get stuck in changer; DEFINITELY KEEP YOUR RADIO CODE unless you want your radio replaced if car batttery dies and you need a jumpstart! hope it will trade-in fairly.

Upscale Honda is a winner
By Bill on 12/23/05 21:47 PM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've been a huge fan of Hondas for years, so my review is biased, but few if any automaker builds a better engine. This Acura is just as reliable as any of the five Hondas I've owned, but it has a true luxury car feel. The handling is a bit heavy; the car loves to plow into corners but that was fixed with thicker aftermarket sway bars. Aside from a few nagging interior rattles, the build quality is excellent. The car is both a luxury cruiser and a flat out fun car to drive.

Love it But...
By wohojr on 12/06/05 16:06 PM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and and LOVE IT BUT...the real selling points being it was a Honda (I've owned 5), offered terrific value for the money and was a step up from my 94 Accord EXL four door. It was a coupe but practical enough to drive to work and enjoy all that power and luxury. Where this car let me down was when I had to replace the transmission at 15K! Acura stood behind their product and replaced it for free and even upped the warranty to cover any future problems but it fundamentally changed how I felt about the car. However, nothing else has gone wrong and I'm at 38K now. Acura killed the resale market when they canceled the CL in 03, so I'll be keeping her for awhile longer.

None better in 2001
By LC on 10/25/05 15:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In 2001 if you wanted power, reliability, comfort, good looks and fuel economy, CL-S was clearly the best buy. The car makes 1,000 foot elevation climbs in the Rockies seem like the flats of Kansas. 68,000 miles and no problems. No sense trading it in; this will be my first car over 100,000 miles since my 73 Dodge.

Acura CL Type S
By Steve on 10/11/05 14:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great, fun car to drive. Luxury with some sport car features. Very reliable mechanically. Looks sharp!

3 years and still in love...
By lil_dreamer13 on 09/14/05 21:39 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 01' CL Certified in September 2002. I fell in love with it then and am still in love with it now. At the time, I was also looking at the Lexus IS, but it felt like I was cramped up in an upgraded version of my Civic SI. The CL has all the luxurious interior features, a powerful engine so it is at a great value. The transmission was recalled, but Acura replaced it at their cost. I've been a CL owner for 3 years now and don't even have an itch to look at other cars because I'm very happily satisfied. When I'm in the market to purchase a new car, it would definitely be another Acura hands down... Perhaps the TL. ;)

Unreal Unreal
By Awesome on 08/17/05 17:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I must say it handles and rides better then 99% of the vehicles I have driven. Very reliable, very fast, very well built, no complaints. Resale is wonderful and so is gas mileage. BUY ONE

2001 Acura CL-S
By rico on 07/14/05 14:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The S-type is a hoot to drive. Excellent performance and cornering ability. The auto shift works well and get the job done. Gas milage is in the 25 mpg range overall. very quite overall with a nice growl from the duel exhaust. The only issues are the 6 cd changer jams up but then the problem clears up later in the day and the stock tires are sub par.

Mild mannered, got it where it counts
By Meike on 06/22/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been great. It always does what it should, and when I need it. Fun to drive, comfortable for long weekend driving. Style is clean and impressive, whenever someone gets in it they ask what is it?