Used 2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

3.2 Type-S 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )

Bad Transmissions
By hate bad trannys

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This has been one of the best cars I've ever driven. Quiet, fast, great stereo. I would go out and buy another one except for one fact. I am on my 3rd transmission and Acura will not stand by their product. They replaced one at 65,000, another at 80,000, and now at 136,000 they want to charge me $5,000 (the first 2 were warrantied) for a new one. I still own the car but bought another brand because of this experience.

Fast, quiet, fun, great stereo, simple interior design.

Transmission, transmission, transmission. Stand by your product.

Love this car
By acurafun

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this a few months ago bc of the low miles and i must say I love everything about it and will prob own this for another 100k miles. I bought an extended warranty but doubt I will ever use it. I replaced an 04 TL and must say this car is older but much better and I am so glad I went used with Acura.

The speed and comfort.

None!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!
By vip

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have this ac for about 4 years now. Bought it 16K now has 100 K +. I am telling you, I still look forward to getting in this car and drive to work. Absolute fun car to drive. Still drive brand new. I think it can easily run an another 100k without any issues. A++

Performance, speed, quiet

Fuel economy

No (Major) Complaints
By cat

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car all around. Had problems with initial transmission, but Acura happily replaced it. (It helps that I had bought the extended warranty.) Everyone I know loves my car (and most of them are jealous of me for driving it...oh well, that's their problem!).

Styling, stereo system, large trunk space.

Better seat belt system.

I'm Still Driving It
By id03557

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After 103,000 miles it seems like it will go another 100,000 no problem. It gets 30 mpg hwy and has only one problem; the tranny which Acura replaced under warranty at 63,000. It is quick, handles well and I have only put one set of tires on it at 65,000. My biggest complaint is that it picks up a lot of road noise... RRRRRRR. Otherwise it handles well, is faster than 98% of cars out there, and just keeps on keeping on. Heck it still has the original battery. I wish I could buy another one, but Acura, in its wisdom (?) doesn't offer a sporty coupe anymore.

Motorized seat function. Polished aluminum rims that don't rust. Everyone still thinks it is new

Quiet the road noise. Fix the rims that bulge out further than the tire sidewalls which means they pick up scrapes if you aren't careful.