Used 2001 Acura CL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Acura Cl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Amazing
By Sebastian

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have 254,681 miles on my CL and it runs like a dream! I bought it used in 2004 and it had just around 100,000 miles on it then. I'm not sure what the guy before me did to it in respect to repairs and such but I have not had one problem with the engine since I have had it. I replaced a bearing once and have had some trouble with the electrical... my volume turns up when I turn it down sometimes haha, but it's still an amazing car. The stereo is sick! I love the car.

Favorite Features

Engine. Stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius.

Bad Transmissions
By hate bad trannys

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This has been one of the best cars I've ever driven. Quiet, fast, great stereo. I would go out and buy another one except for one fact. I am on my 3rd transmission and Acura will not stand by their product. They replaced one at 65,000, another at 80,000, and now at 136,000 they want to charge me $5,000 (the first 2 were warrantied) for a new one. I still own the car but bought another brand because of this experience.

Favorite Features

Fast, quiet, fun, great stereo, simple interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, transmission, transmission. Stand by your product.

Love this car
By acurafun

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this a few months ago bc of the low miles and i must say I love everything about it and will prob own this for another 100k miles. I bought an extended warranty but doubt I will ever use it. I replaced an 04 TL and must say this car is older but much better and I am so glad I went used with Acura.

Favorite Features

The speed and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

None!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!
By vip

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have this ac for about 4 years now. Bought it 16K now has 100 K +. I am telling you, I still look forward to getting in this car and drive to work. Absolute fun car to drive. Still drive brand new. I think it can easily run an another 100k without any issues. A++

Favorite Features

Performance, speed, quiet

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

Great Car!
By T

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Man I love this car. I've had it going on 5 yrs, and currently have 218+k miles. This car just keeps going, I've only had to do some reg. maintenance and 2 sets of tires, of course from the mileage ware. I have to say the comfort in the room and seats are great If I rent, or borrow another car, I cant wait to get back in mine. My only cons would be the exterior road noise, and the trans. is a bit sensitive and needs freq. monitoring, but thats any Honda.

Favorite Features

The Bose system is awesome. I'm a music producer, and I ride in the car just to listen to final drafts. Also the auto search/temp program button is an ingenious idea.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, Folding rear seats would have been cool. Mode button for stereo on steering wheel.