2001 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Great Car!
By T on 09/11/08 09:42 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Man I love this car. I've had it going on 5 yrs, and currently have 218+k miles. This car just keeps going, I've only had to do some reg. maintenance and 2 sets of tires, of course from the mileage ware. I have to say the comfort in the room and seats are great If I rent, or borrow another car, I cant wait to get back in mine. My only cons would be the exterior road noise, and the trans. is a bit sensitive and needs freq. monitoring, but thats any Honda.

For My Money-Unbeatable
By Paul on 09/02/08 00:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Acura may not have won over the hardcore luxury sports car owners, but this car is amazing for the price. You're given a standard 3.2 liter with 225 horsepower and I get about 24 mpg average. On the highway it can reach 30 mpg. The car is already loaded (no options): 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, dual power seats, TCS, 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, auto-manual 5 speed trans., auto climate control, power sunroof. All this for under $33k. The 225 horsepower engine delivers a brilliant tone and is pretty quick. The styling is a large improvement from the older model as well. The interior is so easy to navigate too. The seats are comfortable and leather clad.

Failed Transmission at 138,000 Miles
By adamsbauer on 06/04/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car looks great and I really like the way it runs but I expect more than 138,000 miles from an Acura transmission. I wish Acura would have done more to help me but I am stuck with a car that has a lot of miles and will have a new transmission soon and I am out several thousand dollars. If I buy from the same company I will buy an Accord. No need to pay extra if they don't take care of you and their cars don't last.

Would Keep It Forever
By gf on 05/12/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I keep hoping Acura will make another coupe like this. It still looks great and handles well at 91,000 miles. I'm hoping it lasts 91,000 more. Its second transmission slips just a little on a quick shift, and there's rust on the bottom of the passenger- side door. The brakes have had a major overhaul. Our other car is a 2003 CTS, which I like just as well although the features differ.

Excellent Car!
By Cash on 06/29/07 22:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Got this car with 58K on it and now has less than 65K. Absolutely love this car, no probs so far. ABS and side airbag turned on and dealership took care of it. Wish I had bought a type S. When I got it, I tinted my windows black, recently put some black rims on it and smoked out the front and rear tail lights. Next project to put some lambo doors and pop up navi and dvd player. This is my 3rd Honda/Acura and will absolutely stick with them! Next car is the TL.

Almost Perfect
By Jake on 08/18/06 11:58 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 3.2 CL. I would have liked the power of the type-S but prefer the understated base model. Small things have been irritating like no switch for the foglamps which look like 40 watt lightbulbs next to the awesome HID headlamps. The door mounted arm rests have started to separate slowly. The transmission was replaced because I mentioned it wasn't shifting as smoothly as it used to. As a precaution and probably to drum up some business, the service department went ahead and replaced it.

3 years and still in love...
By lil_dreamer13 on 09/14/05 21:39 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 01' CL Certified in September 2002. I fell in love with it then and am still in love with it now. At the time, I was also looking at the Lexus IS, but it felt like I was cramped up in an upgraded version of my Civic SI. The CL has all the luxurious interior features, a powerful engine so it is at a great value. The transmission was recalled, but Acura replaced it at their cost. I've been a CL owner for 3 years now and don't even have an itch to look at other cars because I'm very happily satisfied. When I'm in the market to purchase a new car, it would definitely be another Acura hands down... Perhaps the TL. ;)

Mild mannered, got it where it counts
By Meike on 06/22/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been great. It always does what it should, and when I need it. Fun to drive, comfortable for long weekend driving. Style is clean and impressive, whenever someone gets in it they ask what is it?

Smooth Ride
By Drew on 03/23/05 17:12 PM (PST)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Acura has me sold. My silver on black CL has been everything I expected. And expectations can be a dangerous thing…I purchased it used with 43K miles on it. Got a great deal too. One word: Smooth. I love the sound of the engine when you punch it. I drove the type S as well, but didn't like the harshness of the ride. I much preferred the stock 3.2 CL's ride and if you're stress'en over the power drop of from the S, don't, the car scoots. 0-60 in 7.0 seconds is quick to most normal human beings. And once you sit in the seats, your body just melts into the leather and you're lulled to sleep by how smooth and quite the car is. My commute home will never be the same.

Very Happy
By greg on 01/06/05 17:33 PM (PST)

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura and I'm loving it. I bought it certified and the dealership has been great.