Used 2001 Acura CL Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Until Now
By ladyveee

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2001 3.2 CL since 2004. That's right she's 11 years old and has been so good to me as I have been to her. Last week I had an interesting experience that I've never had before. She putted 3 times while in traffic and just died. It wasn't the battery and 30 minutes later she started up and the problem has not reocurred. She has been with mechanic for approximately a week and they can't find anything wrong. Mechanic has been driving her to and from work to see what happens. If mechanic can not find the issue, I may have to consider replacing her, I drive too often and late at night and am afraid of getting stranded or worse. Up to this point she has been reliable. I love her but

Navigation, Comfort, Spacious, Reliability, Leather Interior, Sun Roof, Moon Roof, CD Changer, Cassette Player (old school), Still Going Strong...

I need her to talk to me and tell me what's wrong

Great Car!
By T

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Man I love this car. I've had it going on 5 yrs, and currently have 218+k miles. This car just keeps going, I've only had to do some reg. maintenance and 2 sets of tires, of course from the mileage ware. I have to say the comfort in the room and seats are great If I rent, or borrow another car, I cant wait to get back in mine. My only cons would be the exterior road noise, and the trans. is a bit sensitive and needs freq. monitoring, but thats any Honda.

The Bose system is awesome. I'm a music producer, and I ride in the car just to listen to final drafts. Also the auto search/temp program button is an ingenious idea.

Road noise, Folding rear seats would have been cool. Mode button for stereo on steering wheel.

For My Money-Unbeatable
By Paul

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Acura may not have won over the hardcore luxury sports car owners, but this car is amazing for the price. You're given a standard 3.2 liter with 225 horsepower and I get about 24 mpg average. On the highway it can reach 30 mpg. The car is already loaded (no options): 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, dual power seats, TCS, 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, auto-manual 5 speed trans., auto climate control, power sunroof. All this for under $33k. The 225 horsepower engine delivers a brilliant tone and is pretty quick. The styling is a large improvement from the older model as well. The interior is so easy to navigate too. The seats are comfortable and leather clad.

Ease of use, the engine power and exhaust note, all the standard features, price, roomy for a two door

If the car were to be brought back I'd make it a RWD to really be a luxury sports car and add a paddle shifter gear box, steering and suspension are very sloppy and loose too, stiffen shocks and change steering to rack and pinion.

Failed Transmission at 138,000 Miles
By adamsbauer

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car looks great and I really like the way it runs but I expect more than 138,000 miles from an Acura transmission. I wish Acura would have done more to help me but I am stuck with a car that has a lot of miles and will have a new transmission soon and I am out several thousand dollars. If I buy from the same company I will buy an Accord. No need to pay extra if they don't take care of you and their cars don't last.

When it runs it runs smooth and looks good. I was really happy with the car until the transmission went out at 138,000 miles

Fix bad transmissions. Large blind spot.

Would Keep It Forever
By gf

2001 Acura CL Coupe 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I keep hoping Acura will make another coupe like this. It still looks great and handles well at 91,000 miles. I'm hoping it lasts 91,000 more. Its second transmission slips just a little on a quick shift, and there's rust on the bottom of the passenger- side door. The brakes have had a major overhaul. Our other car is a 2003 CTS, which I like just as well although the features differ.

Overall appearance, reliability, engine, handling, heated seats. Motorized front seats make access to rear seats easier.

Seatbelt is hard to find and frequently gets caught in the door. Paint chips easily. Chrome on wheel nut rusted early on.