Used 2001 Acura CL 3.2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Great Car!
By T

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Man I love this car. I've had it going on 5 yrs, and currently have 218+k miles. This car just keeps going, I've only had to do some reg. maintenance and 2 sets of tires, of course from the mileage ware. I have to say the comfort in the room and seats are great If I rent, or borrow another car, I cant wait to get back in mine. My only cons would be the exterior road noise, and the trans. is a bit sensitive and needs freq. monitoring, but thats any Honda.

The Bose system is awesome. I'm a music producer, and I ride in the car just to listen to final drafts. Also the auto search/temp program button is an ingenious idea.

Road noise, Folding rear seats would have been cool. Mode button for stereo on steering wheel.

For My Money-Unbeatable
By Paul

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Acura may not have won over the hardcore luxury sports car owners, but this car is amazing for the price. You're given a standard 3.2 liter with 225 horsepower and I get about 24 mpg average. On the highway it can reach 30 mpg. The car is already loaded (no options): 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, dual power seats, TCS, 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, auto-manual 5 speed trans., auto climate control, power sunroof. All this for under $33k. The 225 horsepower engine delivers a brilliant tone and is pretty quick. The styling is a large improvement from the older model as well. The interior is so easy to navigate too. The seats are comfortable and leather clad.

Ease of use, the engine power and exhaust note, all the standard features, price, roomy for a two door

If the car were to be brought back I'd make it a RWD to really be a luxury sports car and add a paddle shifter gear box, steering and suspension are very sloppy and loose too, stiffen shocks and change steering to rack and pinion.

Failed Transmission at 138,000 Miles
By adamsbauer

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car looks great and I really like the way it runs but I expect more than 138,000 miles from an Acura transmission. I wish Acura would have done more to help me but I am stuck with a car that has a lot of miles and will have a new transmission soon and I am out several thousand dollars. If I buy from the same company I will buy an Accord. No need to pay extra if they don't take care of you and their cars don't last.

When it runs it runs smooth and looks good. I was really happy with the car until the transmission went out at 138,000 miles

Fix bad transmissions. Large blind spot.

Would Keep It Forever
By gf

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I keep hoping Acura will make another coupe like this. It still looks great and handles well at 91,000 miles. I'm hoping it lasts 91,000 more. Its second transmission slips just a little on a quick shift, and there's rust on the bottom of the passenger- side door. The brakes have had a major overhaul. Our other car is a 2003 CTS, which I like just as well although the features differ.

Overall appearance, reliability, engine, handling, heated seats. Motorized front seats make access to rear seats easier.

Seatbelt is hard to find and frequently gets caught in the door. Paint chips easily. Chrome on wheel nut rusted early on.

Excellent Car!
By Cash

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Got this car with 58K on it and now has less than 65K. Absolutely love this car, no probs so far. ABS and side airbag turned on and dealership took care of it. Wish I had bought a type S. When I got it, I tinted my windows black, recently put some black rims on it and smoked out the front and rear tail lights. Next project to put some lambo doors and pop up navi and dvd player. This is my 3rd Honda/Acura and will absolutely stick with them! Next car is the TL.

Love the King seats, antiglare mirror, woodgrain interior along with the system. Decent size coupe, smooth ride, xenon lights. The back is spacious too. I am 6'2 and I sat in the back and it was comfy.

I hate the seat belts, never seem to roll back to its original spot. Of course the transmission.