1999 Acura CL 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Still has looks

1999 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Review

Still has looks
By Dibbyb on

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Got hooked by the styling, love to drive it. I had a 95 Accord wagon and loved that, this is better. Bought for $4500 with 112,000, now 126,000. Brakes replaced, were pretty rusty when I bought it. The A/C compressor let go last summer - $1200. You have to expect a few repairs on a 10 year old car. Has all the options +remote start. Drove it 600 miles in 10 hrs on I-90, most comfortable road trip I ever had. Performance is great! Put it in passing gear and it presses you back and the tuned exhaust roars. I can imagine it surprises the passee with the sound. Doesn't look or feel like a 10 year old. I need to get a van or pickup but will miss this little rocket.

Favorite Features

Mileage - 22 city, 32 hwy. The climate controls are easy to use. Good stereo (Bose). Taillight treatment has set the style, still looks up-to-date. Great pick-up passing, 65-85 in a couple seconds. Handles like a sports car - tight. Nice aluminum wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius could be tighter. Passenger seat is manual and when pushed forward for back seat access doesn't return to original position, you have to use the handle under the seat and adjust the seat back too. Has small center door into trunk, fold down seatback would be nicer.
By dontuy22
on 09/03/13 09:19 AM (PDT)

See you you still like it when your trans goes out.