1999 Acura CL Consumer Review: Bad trans in 99 don't buy

1999 Acura CL - Consumer Review

3.0 Coupe (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Bad trans in 99 don't buy
By dontuy22 on

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I own a 99 CL 3.0, all of the transmissions go bad in this car, I've talked to many people and eventually the trans will go bad way before it should. Do not buy one unless you're prepared to sink 3 grand into at any given time. Could have been a great car, I replaced my trans at 80k miles and now it works good. A friend of mine is an excelllent mechanic with a wealth of knowledge on all cars, and he says it should be good for another 100k miles, but it will definetely go out again eventually and there's nothing that can be done besides replacing it again.

Favorite Features

I love the car besides the bad transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Bad transmissions.
By 1999cl3litre
on 02/01/15 14:39 PM (PST)

I have a 99, too. The car had a new 3 in 1 computer and the software for the "trany" was bad and destroys "trany" and the torque convert., too. Acura buried this, but did make corrected PCM, I got one by luck, but the original PCM did harm to my "trany" The "trany" in the 99 is fine until the PCM begins to kill it. Demand the re-desiged (corrected) PCM and have them rebuilt the "trany" and get new torque converter. Acura should have done a Recall and put in the corrected PCM and fixed cars already damaged!