1999 Acura CL Consumer Review: Best Value on the Road

1999 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Review

Best Value on the Road
By Roger on

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I was unemployed when I had to buy a car. For $17K I bought a car with 19K on it, which has leather and heated seats, a spoiler, good acceleration, a moonroof, fantastic reliability, and holds its value. No other car has this combination for that kind of price. To think that I could have bought a new boring Corolla for the same price! It's so reliable that I did waste the extra $800 I paid for an extended warranty. I put in 64K miles on it. Only problem was an alternator that had to be replaced after it suddenly died on me. Not one other thing went bad.

Heated seats - great for Chicago. Does great in the snow. Allows to keep the same speed on snow as I watch the BMW's and other assorted rear wheel drive vehicle on the side of the road! Price - Wow, best value for what you get. No wonder Acura stopped making it - It was too good! Fun driving it

Road noise (from the wind and the road), Better sound system. I spent $2K on a new system and now I feel I'm driving a luxury car. Turning radius is terrible.