Best Value on the Road
By Roger on
1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe
I was unemployed when I had to buy a car. For $17K I bought a car with 19K on it, which has leather and heated seats, a spoiler, good acceleration, a moonroof, fantastic reliability, and holds its value. No other car has this combination for that kind of price. To think that I could have bought a new boring Corolla for the same price! It's so reliable that I did waste the extra $800 I paid for an extended warranty. I put in 64K miles on it. Only problem was an alternator that had to be replaced after it suddenly died on me. Not one other thing went bad.
Favorite Features
Heated seats - great for Chicago. Does great in the snow. Allows to keep the same speed on snow as I watch the BMW's and other assorted rear wheel drive vehicle on the side of the road! Price - Wow, best value for what you get. No wonder Acura stopped making it - It was too good! Fun driving it
Suggested Improvements
Road noise (from the wind and the road), Better sound system. I spent $2K on a new system and now I feel I'm driving a luxury car. Turning radius is terrible.