Used 1999 Acura CL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Best Value on the Road
By Roger

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I was unemployed when I had to buy a car. For $17K I bought a car with 19K on it, which has leather and heated seats, a spoiler, good acceleration, a moonroof, fantastic reliability, and holds its value. No other car has this combination for that kind of price. To think that I could have bought a new boring Corolla for the same price! It's so reliable that I did waste the extra $800 I paid for an extended warranty. I put in 64K miles on it. Only problem was an alternator that had to be replaced after it suddenly died on me. Not one other thing went bad.

Heated seats - great for Chicago. Does great in the snow. Allows to keep the same speed on snow as I watch the BMW's and other assorted rear wheel drive vehicle on the side of the road! Price - Wow, best value for what you get. No wonder Acura stopped making it - It was too good! Fun driving it

Road noise (from the wind and the road), Better sound system. I spent $2K on a new system and now I feel I'm driving a luxury car. Turning radius is terrible.

Brilliance in Black
By Blacura

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I have owned multiple Hondas, and traded in a 1994 Accord EX to get the Acura. I have also owned a smattering of vehicles, all purchased used. This one is, by far, the superior car. Basic maintenance only, and still commands attention around town. The interior never fails to please anyone it surrounds.

I like driving fast and aggressively, particularly on the twisties found up in the mountains. This car has the unique ability to attack an apex, as well as coddle the kidneys on freeway expansion joints and uneven pavement. Not too soft, not too firm.

Not much. I suppose it could use a strut tower brace to keep it level during hard cornering. Where's the 3.0 mated to the 5-speed, Acura?

I love my 1999 Acura 3.0
By dariaesq

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought my used red coupe in Dec. 2002 for $15k. Previously was leased & had 32k miles on it. I have had no issues with my car except that I had to get a new alternator in 2005. My mechanic says he has seen people bring this car in well into the 200k mile range with no major issues. I love the power behind this car. The car is nimble & quick which has saved me from accidents in difficult DC area traffic. The acceleration is great. I used to date a car enthusiast who told me this car has such great guts that many buy these cars and soup them up for racing purposes. I plan to keep this car forever.

My favorite are the leather seats, sunroof, booty warmers, the Bose system is great, the ability to change radio stations/CD tracks with a control on the steering wheel & the ability to pop open the trunk with the keyless remote which is very helpful when lugging groceries to the car

could be a lil roomier inside, I am a big 6ft gal and my boyfriend is 6'5 260 and it is a sight to behold to see us both in my ride; we both have to push the seats all the way back (and he has to recline his) to sit comfortably

Super Car
By Kendall

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I have had my 3.0 for 3 years now and I love it! It has 125,000 miles now and is still running great. The A/C is stuck on though and wish it didn't have digital temperature controls because there is no way of turning it off. We have only had to replace the motor in the drivers window and the timing belt (normal maintenance though for a car with more than 100k). Great commuter car and fun to drive I wouldn't change a thing! Also great sound system and the leather seats are holding up great!

The sporty yet classy look is my favorite. I would buy again!

NONE

Pretty darn good
By big c

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought mine used and its a great car, good power very roomy for a coupe, take it up to 60 mph and let the fun begin, accelerates better at high speeds. Also retains value very well. Great thing is no options brings everything you might need in a coupe standard. And very comfortable in the back which is rare for a coupe.

Roomy interior,great acceleration. Very comfortable seats front and back

Jumps on strong take off because of front wheel drive, also needed a sportier look but still a nice looking car

• SUV