1999 Acura CL Consumer Reviews 5

1999 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Best possible car for $21,850!
By ohcello on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Bought car at the end of 1999 when they were bringing in the new body style. Sticker was $26,800 and they sold it for $21,850. I have put a lot of hard miles on this car and they only problem I have had was some bent rims (NY roads are terrible!). The tranmission holds on for dear life and does not want to shift but you get used to it. Other than that, this car is perfect! Engine is very smooth and when pushed, this car responds. This car is at its best at high speeds on the highway, where its road manners are very impressive. Not much more to say, just a great car.

99 3.0 CL purchased 12/02
By apollonia1 on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Great car and luxury features for the price, $15k used, came off lease with low miles 30k miles and perfect condition.

GREAT CAR!!!!!
By XCLUSIVE on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

This car is great and fun to drive.

Great little car!!!!!!
By Okay on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

I have owned this little 2.3CL for 4 months and i love it! It has been easy to take care of, drive and maintain. It is "cute" (couldn't think of a better word-sorry) but classy. If i had to do it over again i'd do it in a heart beat. The only thing to complain about is the lack of power but if i wanted that i would have bought a GT.

Luv this car
By Rose on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

Going from a '87 Volvo this car is a breath of fresh air. Great gas mileage400+/tank). All I have to do is change the oil. I think its saved my life a few times by being able to swerve out of the way. Would recommend this to anyone! PS Ilike having only one of six in my city. It makes me stand out! :)

my little frosted teal car
By susan martin on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I like the way this car handles in curves at speeds less then 50. it is not a sport car but it is fun to drive. It has a good sound system. the seats are conforble for long drives and durable. The sun roof makes a somewhat conservetive body syle seem a little more sporty. I had wanted a hacth back but did not find one that drove as well in this price range. The price is what really sold me 23000. is all i paid in sept 99 then i added the rear wing for 600.

Can't Beat It
By ExecMom on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

This car is a great combination of styling, performance and economy. It loves high speeds and never lacks power in any situation. I've had no problems with it at all, and the only annoyances are a driver's side seat belt that sometimes catches on the seat lever and a turning circle that seems wider than it ought to be. This is my tird Acura, and I'm not likely to buy anything else!

A Pleasure to Drive
By Brianx on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I was able to purchase my 1999 CL last year with remaining factory warranty and since it was Certified, I got an extra year, for a total of 3.3 years total waranty. Not that I have needed to use the warranty, it is just nice to have it, just in case. The car only had 4500 miles on it and was in excellent condition. I have been extremely impressed with the ride, handling, power, and pick-up with this car. It easily out performs my 1996 Maxima. The Maxima could not even come close to this car in MPG. And, I do not have to use Premium fuel with the CL, like I didwith the Maxima. This model is a bargain, especially if you can get one that is Certified.

#1 Car Great and Reliable
By KL on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

I love my CL. I have owned several cars before her but she is the best. My CL has great pickup and in the three years that I have owned her I have not had any major problems. I change the oil and keep on going. It is a great car and I would highly recommend it!!

Good Value
By pgk on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle at point when Acura was discounting the car, probably due to forthcoming model change. The car is almost 3 years old with 19,000 miles and there hasn't been a single problem. Typical Honda. It is a two door vehicle and really a two passenger car unless your friends prefer to ride in cramped rear quarters. Turning radius is terrible so don't even think about those mid block U- turns. The engine (3.0) gets the car moving at any speed/rpm and is one of the nicest features. Car came with almost every option imaginable, so if you want a good value, check out this vehicle.