1999 Acura CL Consumer Reviews 4

1999 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Jack Rabbit
By Jolene on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Bought new 9/29. Wonderfully performing car. Feels more powerful than 200 h.p. Great acceleration and cruising on highways. Quality of car is superb. Super sound system.

ACURA stands for AWESOME
By Jarek on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about 6 months ago and i just love it. i look forward to driving it every morning. i just can't get bored of it. excellent equipment (sound system and all leather standard) and lots and lots of power. the best part is i only paid $12k for a 1999 CL3.0 with 24,000 miles. also i have no problem with the turning radius.

Beware!
By Vivek on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

Purchased it used off a lease in 2001. An attractive coupe, comfortable interior and good gas mileage. But has potentially serious handling problems on wet roads. Even with limited amount of rain, it is hard to control over speeds of 55-60; has tendency to hydroplane. (My Acura Legend in contrast is rock steady.) I have to slow down to 50 to keep the car steady. (The tires are new and the inflation is at the recommended levels.) Even on dry roads, it has a tendency to float around - there is a constant need to control the steering; a pain when driving long distances on the highway. I wonder what's up with the suspension, aerodynamics or ??

best 2 door car
By eddie8 on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

exelent quality , confort and performance ; doesn't feel "cheap" like most american cars. it's a fun car to drive with all the "extras" as a standar features like leather seats,power everything, electronic climate control, cd player... ; i only had a problem with the driver's door window, everything else still looks like a new car.

Great Car, Great Service
By santa rosa steve on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

With the exception of a couple of trim items, (replaced under warranty) the car has been perfect. No problems whatsoever. Great gas mileage for a 3.0 V-6 (24-26 MPG). Fit & finish are excellent... the car still rides and appears as new after almost 5 years and 60K miles.

Great car
By MROSSER on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

I picked up the CL 2.3 at a new car sale from my credit union. I had american sports cars befor this car, Z-28s. This car runs great, I just paid it off and I've had no problems (80,000)miles. I just replaed the org tires, and it has the org wiper blades...

comfortable commuter
By STEF on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Bought my 3.0CL new and have loved the peformance, comfort, sound system and have had one problem with the driver's side window but acura fixed it FREE AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRED.

Mr.
By Craig Mackay on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Best car I have ever owned.

Awesome car!!!!
By SKh on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

My husband and I just bought a pre-certified 1999 manual transmission cl 2.3. We absolutely love it! Not only is the car stunning to look at, but the performance is amazing!!!

I love my CL
By Mary Neuhaus on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I always wanted a sporty type car. The kids are grown and moved away, and I don't have to share my CL with a hot rodding son or daughter. My husband is just too large to be comfortable in my CL, and I love that too. He doesn't drive it except to the car wash and gas station! I want a new one!