Used 1999 Acura CL 2.3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

My first car
By Ice Man

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

This is my far car. I researched this car right here on edmunds.com the night before I purchased it. Once I saw the reviews were great I bought it. I've owned the car less than a week now and I love this car. The good: I'm a college student. It gets 20-22 miles in the city, it's fun to drive, it's super luxurious, and fast. It's sleek, my car is bright red with white interior. The bad: the car has a horrible turning radius other than that I can't think of anything else I don't like about the car.

Power everything, besides dual climate control and dual power seats which my car doesn't have, it only has single. Moon roof not sunroof, moonroofs are better, volume changer on the steering wheel, good gas mileage, uncommon car, rare, pretty to look at, you'll surely stand out, get girls.

Turning radius, dual climate control, dual power seats, bring the CL back, 4 doors I know that's impossible.

This car delivers
By gabi76

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with 110k on it for 4k. I put on it 70k miles in 3 years and the only "big" investment has been a set of tires and brakes. Still drives like the day I bought it. Don't intend to sell it. I'll never regret the purchase.

interior finish, manual transmission, great mpg

none for me

A very reliable but fun car
By Ian S.

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1999 CL 2.3 because I needed something reliable coming from a BMW. Unfortunately, my CL was in poor condition, but I got a great deal on it. To my surprise, it was in excellent mechanical condition. A little bit of elbow grease quickly brought its appearance back to life. The first thing I noticed was the excellent quality of the paint and interior materials. I couldn't believe how resilient the leather and carpet was. The paint is beautiful after some heavy buffing and the car looks new after a thorough cleaning! Mechanically, I have had zero problems. The transmission shifts smooth and engine sounds like new. I would highly recommend this car.

Automatic climate control, keyless entry and alarm system.

The base (non-Bose) radio/CD is horrible. Also, lack of heated seats on the 2.3 brings chills to my spine every cold morning. I retrofitted the Bose radio from the 3.0 model and have been very happy with it.

Reliable & Sporty at almost 10 yrs!
By JJ

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

I got a '99 CL in '02 as a certified used car, giving up my '91 Prelude. My CL is a step up in size, luxury (leather) and nice power accessories! It doesn't corner as tight as a Prelude, but it's sporty-looking & very reliable. Consumer Reports continues to list it every year as one of its best used car values. Mine has never given me any problems, still has a smooth ride, & feels comfortable and roomy for long trips. I wish there were a 4 cyl. luxury coupe out there now from Honda or Acura to compare to it! Mileage is pretty good-about 28 highway, and mid 20's city. My CL is almost 10 years old but I won't get rid of it, since there's nothing else in a 4 cyl luxury coupe to compare to it.

Steering wheel stereo controls, automatic climate control, power moonroof, economical 4 cylinder luxury!

Folding rear seats to access trunk,

great mpg
By 1972wilson

1999 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

Parked the full size truck that gets 13 mpg getting 27-32 mpg with the cl. Solid to drive as well as fun. Couldn't be happier with the purchase

On wheel controls, interior design, heat and ac controls large trunk

heated mirrors