Awesome car
By Jess on
1998 Acura CL 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe
I think this is about the 15th car I've owned in my life and it is without a doubt my favorite. I love to drive this car! It is fast, smooth, stable, quiet, and comfortable. I work out of my car and drive 30,000+ miles per year. With gas prices climbing I have been driving "economy" cars and went out on a limb to buy this car used. It not as fuel efficient as the econoboxes but I will never go back. I actually look forward to making long trips on back roads with this car. I owned a Miata a few years ago and this car is faster with way more comfort and polish. I had to rebuild the auto transmission at 110,000 but everything else works great.
Favorite Features
The engine is awesome. The car eats potholes and rough pavement while always feeling connected to the road. The view out while driving is impressive to everone who gets in the car. The brakes are excellent.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the climate control system, occasionally will seem to be running heat and a/c at the same time. Memory seats would be nice. I guess the newer models have them. It really torque steers alot under hard acceleration. I don't know if there is a fix for this.