Used 1998 Acura CL Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Acura Cl - Consumer Reviews

1998 Acura CL Coupe

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Fabulous
By cammi450

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2/08. I figured it would get me through a few years until I could buy something "better". But I absolutely LOVE this car. It is beautiful (people think it is only a few years old) and extremely reliable (over 150,000 miles). I have only had to replace brakes and the alternator. I will not sell it anytime soon.

Favorite Features

The quick response and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius is horrible. And...my Bose system went out (had to replace it with a store bought radio/CD player).

Awesome beginner car
By happy Acura owner

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this car six months ago, glad I did. Didn't really know what I was looking for in a car but got this one cheap, because it had been wrecked. No internal damage though. Runs great and reliably, good acceleration. Wonderful handling, I had the tendency to take corners at high speeds and this machine took my abuse with grace and function, on multiple occasions, and I love the leather interior and effective air conditioning and power moonroof. I will never own a car that doesn't have a black leather interior or faux leather (at the least). Very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Handling, accelerating and interior.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel filter should be on the bottom of the car, it is very hard to replace it where is is currently located. Close to the firewall under the hood.

Great Car!
By Rita

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car after owning a crappy VW Passat 2 years ago. This car has been great; no problems in general. The gas mileage can be rough if you want to get moving fast, but otherwise, not bad for a V6. (I typically get about 25 mpg in city traffic.) I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a car that's a lot of fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Power, sunroof, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Nothing that I can think of. It's been a great car.

Sweet ride!!!
By kevin

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

I've only had it for a week, and it's super fun to drive! Bought it with 97,500 miles on it for $5800, worth every penny so far!

Favorite Features

Power/acceleration. Effortless freeway driving. Accessories: sunroof; seat-warmers; 6 CD changer, auto A/C, etc. Simple functionality. Plain, good-looking appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller turn radius (for easier parallel parking). Smoother transition from 1st to 2nd gear. Fuel economy (not as good on the 3.0L). Driver seat belt gets caught up with seat release.

Most reliable vehicle ever... first love
By smootherida

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

This car is and will always be my first love. First, the ride is incredibly smooth. It handles well for an expensive honda, and anywhere you drive it will feel like a great cruise. Also has some nice juice/kick to it. Second, she is built to last. With the exception of the transmission, which I've had to replace 2 times, this vehicle took me through everything. I went through a snowstorm driving through Yosemite, Reno, and the Sierras in a span of 2 days (long story) and she never broke down on me during or even after the trip. I had her at 35k and drove her to 185k in 7 years. I have a new G37 coupe and I still won't give up my CL. It is that great of a ride.

Favorite Features

Interior design, comfortability, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission problems