Used 1998 Acura CL 3.0 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Long Live the Acura CL
By theffin@hotmail.com

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

Absolutely loved this car. The way it drove, handled, the comfort, and everything! Strongly reliable and it's so quiet in the cab. For a small car it also had some kick. Also this car still has some style if kept in good condition. Would definitely recommend this vehicle for anybody. I had to sell mine due to an expanding family and I'm still wishing I kept it!

Awesome beginner car
By happy Acura owner

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this car six months ago, glad I did. Didn't really know what I was looking for in a car but got this one cheap, because it had been wrecked. No internal damage though. Runs great and reliably, good acceleration. Wonderful handling, I had the tendency to take corners at high speeds and this machine took my abuse with grace and function, on multiple occasions, and I love the leather interior and effective air conditioning and power moonroof. I will never own a car that doesn't have a black leather interior or faux leather (at the least). Very comfortable.

Handling, accelerating and interior.

Fuel filter should be on the bottom of the car, it is very hard to replace it where is is currently located. Close to the firewall under the hood.

Sweet ride!!!
By kevin

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

I've only had it for a week, and it's super fun to drive! Bought it with 97,500 miles on it for $5800, worth every penny so far!

Power/acceleration. Effortless freeway driving. Accessories: sunroof; seat-warmers; 6 CD changer, auto A/C, etc. Simple functionality. Plain, good-looking appearance.

Smaller turn radius (for easier parallel parking). Smoother transition from 1st to 2nd gear. Fuel economy (not as good on the 3.0L). Driver seat belt gets caught up with seat release.

Great car
By AcuraLuvr

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car to drive. It has held up well against time. Very few problems, considering its age. People come up and ask me if this is a new car. The paint looks new. I hope to put a couple more hundred thousand miles on it!

Styling

Outside temp reading would be nice. Tranny is a little rough.

Great Car!!!
By easydental

1998 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this '98 car new in 3/99. Now I have 140,000 miles on it. Car is trouble-free, very reliable, and a great performer. Apart from usual maintenance, this car is very inexpensive to own and operate. Still solid after all this time.

Simplicity of the car, functionality of the interior, predictable reliability, great power and handling for both city and highway driving. Very comfortable. Great service through any dealer.

Sound system could be better. The sound system in my Civic LX is better than my Acura.