1998 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Awesome beginner car
By happy Acura owner on 09/20/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this car six months ago, glad I did. Didn't really know what I was looking for in a car but got this one cheap, because it had been wrecked. No internal damage though. Runs great and reliably, good acceleration. Wonderful handling, I had the tendency to take corners at high speeds and this machine took my abuse with grace and function, on multiple occasions, and I love the leather interior and effective air conditioning and power moonroof. I will never own a car that doesn't have a black leather interior or faux leather (at the least). Very comfortable.

Sweet ride!!!
By kevin on 07/10/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I've only had it for a week, and it's super fun to drive! Bought it with 97,500 miles on it for $5800, worth every penny so far!

Great car
By AcuraLuvr on 05/15/08 11:41 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car to drive. It has held up well against time. Very few problems, considering its age. People come up and ask me if this is a new car. The paint looks new. I hope to put a couple more hundred thousand miles on it!

Great Car!!!
By easydental on 01/31/07 23:21 PM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this '98 car new in 3/99. Now I have 140,000 miles on it. Car is trouble-free, very reliable, and a great performer. Apart from usual maintenance, this car is very inexpensive to own and operate. Still solid after all this time.

Great Car Great Value
By easydental on 02/05/06 21:55 PM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Bought this car new and have had only one problem with it. The passenger-side windows attenuator went bad 2 times. One time it was covered under warranty. The 2nd time it cost $350 to replace at the dealer. This is a great car. Very reliable and dependable. Somewhat sporty and has great torque to blast you out of tight spots. Inexpensive to maintain (it really is a somewhat upgraded Accord Coupe).

I'll never give it up!
By Tankerkev on 09/30/05 02:30 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this car over seven years ago, but it seems like yesterday. It still looks great and is very reliable. It has a luxurious cabin and smooth ride that helps me unwind on the way home from work. It has features that you normally have to pay much more for. I'll never sell this car, keeping it in my family until it quits, and I don't ever see that happening!

Maybe it's just me - UNRELIABLE!
By dxd15 on 02/04/05 15:10 PM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car when it had 35,000 miles on it and the first few years were great. Then the problems... wheel bearings, alternator, battery, ABS sensor, passenger side power window, muffler, and CONSTANTLY having to change the lights (head/brake/aux). I now also have a light knocking sound occasionally. Tires lose pressure regularly - what a pain in the rear! My new alternator is also causing my panel and headlights to flicker while I am idling. All this happened before 100,000 miles. What a shame, I thought this was supposed to be a reliable car. I think I'll try a Toyota or Lexus next and hope I will fare better. I do change my oil and do maintain my car. Maybe I was just unlucky :-(

Bullet Proof CL 3.0
By undertoad on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

Never once has this car let me down. The only failure I've had was the thermostat ($22.). At 112,000 miles the original exhaust system and battery are still fine. Outside of recommended maintenance, only tires and brake pads have been replaced.

Fine, fine car
By Coz on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this car right out of college, my first new car - and it has been a truly great car to own. Can't really gripe about anything too much. I think I may drive this one into the ground - will make a great 2nd car when I finally decide to get something new.

Judy's Review
By Judith Dinehart on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

This has been a wonderful car. it is fun to drive and very comfortable. I have also had a good experience in working with an Acura Dealership.