1998 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
I love this car
By nrajoppe on 02/02/13 06:47 AM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 2.3 Premium 2dr Coupe

This is my first car, drove it on my permit since the day I got it and now driving it on my license for 2 months. This car is pretty fun to drive as my first car with a 5 speed manual. Reliability? This car wrote the book on it. Which is what every Honda/Acura has come to know and love. It has 267k miles and runs like new, no major repairs on it ever. Every one of my friends says it runs like new as well. It's pretty quick, I've beaten a few v6 mustangs, older maxima, and mitsubishi eclipse, so it's not slow. Overall an amazing car for the value and an amazing first car. It's very luxurious, not like driving in a super light hatchback Civic.

Ok Car
By Molon on 05/13/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 2.3 2dr Coupe

Upscale Honda Accord. Transmission replaced at a little over 100K. Driver side window broke around 50K. Radiator leaked and replaced at 70K. Gas mileage only average, but I got a lead foot. Interior quality excellent with easy to use controls. Rear seat room tiny, I'm 5'9". Acceleration only average due to 4 cyl and the car weighs a lot. Sound insulation only average, as road noise is prevalent. Air conditioner is not that strong for summer usage.

11 Years and going
By Seth on 04/30/10 08:35 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 2.3 Premium 2dr Coupe

I've had my CL for almost 12 years and it's still a fine piece of machinery ( 206,780 miles thus far). Over the years, I had very few "major" repairs to the car such as exhaust system replacement. It still maintains many original parts. If you have an opportunity to buy this car, you should do it (especially if it has low mileage). It will pay for itself in a short period of time.

Solid Car
By Steve on 02/23/10 12:34 PM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I purchased the car with about 40k and have run it up to 150k. It has been mostly trouble free. The only major expense was a new alternator. It's a really solid car, now 12 years old the muffler is still the original. The interior has held up well, a few cracks in the drivers seat leather. At this point in time if you are reading this you would be considering a used car purchase, I would suggest it. My 98 has at least another 3 or 4 years of good strong life left in it. If you need a nice, solid two door coupe this would be a very good choice.

THE BEST
By Cory on 01/18/10 12:45 PM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 2.3 Premium 2dr Coupe

I own a 98 acura cl 2.3 5 spd tranny and it is amazing . My vehicle has over 200k and STILL RUNNING like new. No Major Problems for the mileage. All my Suspension/steering parts are still factory and not worn out YET. Car is 100% reliable and would rec. to any body looking for a Cheap reliable used car Awesome car!!!

Fabulous
By cammi450 on 11/27/09 21:59 PM (PST)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2/08. I figured it would get me through a few years until I could buy something "better". But I absolutely LOVE this car. It is beautiful (people think it is only a few years old) and extremely reliable (over 150,000 miles). I have only had to replace brakes and the alternator. I will not sell it anytime soon.

Awesome beginner car
By happy Acura owner on 09/20/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this car six months ago, glad I did. Didn't really know what I was looking for in a car but got this one cheap, because it had been wrecked. No internal damage though. Runs great and reliably, good acceleration. Wonderful handling, I had the tendency to take corners at high speeds and this machine took my abuse with grace and function, on multiple occasions, and I love the leather interior and effective air conditioning and power moonroof. I will never own a car that doesn't have a black leather interior or faux leather (at the least). Very comfortable.

Great Car!
By Rita on 09/05/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car after owning a crappy VW Passat 2 years ago. This car has been great; no problems in general. The gas mileage can be rough if you want to get moving fast, but otherwise, not bad for a V6. (I typically get about 25 mpg in city traffic.) I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a car that's a lot of fun to drive.

Sweet ride!!!
By kevin on 07/10/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 2dr Coupe

I've only had it for a week, and it's super fun to drive! Bought it with 97,500 miles on it for $5800, worth every penny so far!

Most reliable vehicle ever... first love
By smootherida on 05/27/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura CL 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

This car is and will always be my first love. First, the ride is incredibly smooth. It handles well for an expensive honda, and anywhere you drive it will feel like a great cruise. Also has some nice juice/kick to it. Second, she is built to last. With the exception of the transmission, which I've had to replace 2 times, this vehicle took me through everything. I went through a snowstorm driving through Yosemite, Reno, and the Sierras in a span of 2 days (long story) and she never broke down on me during or even after the trip. I had her at 35k and drove her to 185k in 7 years. I have a new G37 coupe and I still won't give up my CL. It is that great of a ride.

1 2 3 4 5 next »