Get one!
By kalzone on
1997 Acura CL 2.2 2dr Coupe
I've always been a VW/Audi guy and recently bought a used 1997 CL 2.2 for about $1500. Best money I ever spent. I can't believe I got all these option in one package. Engine's good. AC, power seats, sunroof, ABS, radio all work great. Plus it's great on gas. It doesn't corner like an Audi or a VW but close. Has lotsa room and is built tight. VTEC engine performs great and literally sips gas. Why didn't I discover Acuras sooner? Only thing I changed was a ball joint. You can pick these CL's up now for about 2grand and you wont be disappointed. It's a mixture of luxury and performance. It's not a Beemer but is much better than an Accord. My advice, get one!
Favorite Features
The comfort. The seats feel like you're in your LAY- Z-Boy watching TV! The Radio. I changed the radio but the stock speakers and they can handle the juice Fuel economy. I'm not used to big cars. I thought it would be a gas guzler. It's got better mileage than my VW Golf!
Suggested Improvements
-Acura should have made the spoiler standard. Without one, the car looks like something's missing. -Being able to close the sunroof with remote FOB. As you can see these are very picky and shallow requests! The car is great. It's a Honda/Acura so you can easily pimp it out if you wish.