Used 1997 Acura CL Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura Cl - Consumer Reviews

1997 Acura CL Coupe

View reviews for a specific CL model:

It costs how much to fix?!?!
By McKenzieint

1997 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I bought the car used with 89,000 on it. I've owned it since 2001 and now have 174,000. Had to replace the transmission at 150,000 ($2700) the window motors have gotten slow, but the sunroof still seems to be like new. The EGR has set off the Check engine light, the ABS light comes on and stays on, and the SRS light for the airbags has been on since about 3 months after I bought it. I've checked in to fixing these items and I might as well buy a new one.

Favorite Features

Heated Seats, nice power

Suggested Improvements

RELIABILITY!

Satisfies all your wants
By Nerdboy

1997 Acura CL Coupe 2.2 2dr Coupe

I originally bought this car because itcost $4,000 less than a comparable usedAccord Coupe and much better drive thana Camry Solara. Now that I've had thecar for a year, I know I made the rightchoice. This car is ultra-smooth on thehighway. In the city, it's veryresponsive and has a stiff ride, but nottoo harsh. It has all the features Ineed and they all work well except forthe ac/heater which is a little slow. On the down side, this car is hard topark in tight spaces because of it'slarge turning radius, but this helps itsstability. The auto is a bit jerky, butsmooth if you accelerate fast enough. The only thing I've had to fix is thepower window motor so far.

Favorite Features

flat torque curve, nice backside, largeand grippy wheels, roomy for a coupe,great handling, ultra quiet when notaccelerating, 30mpg with mostly highwaydriving and synthetic oil, and most ofall it turns heads even after 8 years

Suggested Improvements

smaller turning radius, better cupholders, fold-down rear seats, cheapstereo for an Acura

97 CL 3.0
By d00g

1997 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

never had any problems, I love My CL

nice car
By niaka

1997 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 2dr Coupe

u should definitely get it because it's really comfortable and it's easy to drive when u are a beginning driver, nice handling and can be a good family car, too. interior is the best thing about the car that is so grand that i would give it an A+++++

Favorite Features

interior the back of the car

Suggested Improvements

nothing really but expensive when filling gasoline everytime for the 89.

LOVE THIS CAR
By WING AND A 5 SPEED

1997 Acura CL Coupe 2.2 2dr Coupe

OWNING THIS CAR HAS BEEN A TREAT. THE MOST RELIABLE EVER. IT STILL LOOKS NEW! ONLY THING EVER NEEDED WAS NEW TIRES. AT 7 YRS. IT STILL TURNS HEADS. MAKES LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT VERY HARD.

Favorite Features

ADDING A WING GAVE IT MORE STYLE FUN TO DRIVE 5 SPEED, GREAT TRACKING EASY SERVICE

Suggested Improvements

SEAT BELT DESIGN REALLY POOR - MORE HORSEPOWER - TAPE PLAYER OPTION - CUP HOLDER PLACEMENT IS CUMBERSOME ON A 5 SPEED.