Used 1997 Acura CL Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura CL Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Excellent Car!
By Acura Lover

1997 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

This is the perfect alternative to a BMW 3 series...in price and performance...I bought this car in November 2004 and have put 6000 trouble- free miles on it...I bought the car with a very low 43,213 miles on it which attracted me. I looked at the car and it was the perfect color inside/out (Gray Leather/Silver). What pleases me is the heated seats, excellent Bose CD system, Leather and comfortable seats. The automatic climate control is efficient and works properly. Performance is a huge plus in this car. There is a 3.0 liter engine under the hood and the dual pipes out of the rear end complement its 200 horses.

Leather, Sunroof, Bose CD, Heated and Comfortable Seats, Savvy Styling, Exhaust sound (stock too!), Engine, Performance, and Reliability

A little more luxury convieniences which better in the 98-99 models. (Only problem with the 98-99 models is the bland grille, which obviously can be replaced, the grille on the 97 is sportier)

Excellent Car
By Bunny

1997 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I like the fast engine and the nice styling and interior ... I love the transmission and definitely the relability. Clocking this 3.0 with 200 horsepower to 60 takes only 7.2 seconds ... which I love.

Leather, Sunroof, V6, Bose CD, heated seats

More luxury touches...

What Problems?!
By Satisfied CL Owner

1997 Acura CL Coupe 2.2 Premium 2dr Coupe

Purchased my 2.2 CL brand new in 1997. 125k miles later, it's still running wonderfully. I've performed the required maintenance every 7500 miles and it's never had any problem other than replacement of worn parts like brakes, tires, headlights...etc.This car gets the highest rating in reliability. I'm not sure if the other reviewers just got lemons, but driving style, weather, road conditions, and quality of your mechanic do influence how well the car holds up.

Reliability, uses regular unleaded gas (now @ $2.50/gallon!), sleek design,

more power, better sound system (either that or reduce road noise), fold-down rear seats, get rid of the protruding flip-down handle on driver's seat, it traps the seatbelt everytime!

Awesome car
By dude

1997 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive, I bought it used and it has been handling great. I read the review here before I bought it and it helped. It still turns heads. People say it is hard to believe it is a 97. Mine is in great condition, great paint and my new fuzoni racing speed rated tires makes it looks great. Very fast, with the V-6. If you like power, get the V-6. Else if you like a honda accord lx power then get the regular coupe.

V-6 engine, kick from take-off. Interior, break lights

The shift from 1st gear to second gear of the automatic transmission feels like a 97 honda accord base model. I expected that they would include a smoother transmision than the Honda accord. I guess not

Awesome car
By dude

1997 Acura CL Coupe 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive, I bought it used and it has been handling great. I read the review here before I bought it and it helped. It still turns head. People say it is hard to believe it is a 97. Mine is in great condition, great paint and my new fuzoni racing speed rated tires makes it looks great. Very fast, with the V-6. If you like power, get the V-6. Else if you like a honda accord lx power then get the regular coupe.

V-6 engine, kick from take-off. Interior, break lights