1997 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
My first new/used car
By Player A on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used. Drives well, although the turning radius could be tighter. Very reliable. Got 29mpg while traveling interstate; 24mpg in the city. Changing oil couldn't be easier with this car. My first Acura, definately not my last.

I rate this 2.2 an 8.5.
By jmac360 on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura CL 2.2 2dr Coupe

Buying this car was a smart decision. Think of the CL as a dressed-up Accord. I love the distinctive styling. The back end is especially slick. I've experienced very few problems. Average MPG is 23. The 4cyl is enough pull for most if you go with the 5-speed manual. The brakes are kinda weak when compared to other luxury models. The turning radius is too wide. The ride is fairly sporty but not harsh. The interior is typical Honda – everything is in the right place. Not a cheap, but not luxurious. The front seats are nice and there's a lot of leg room. The back seat is fine for 2 people under 5’ 10’’.

Awesome car
By aaahcky6 on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for almost a year and have had no problems at all. It has plenty of power with a classic look. I plan to drive it for a while.

Such a solid car
By ztiger93 on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura CL 2.2 2dr Coupe

It says a lot that the most difficult thing I've had to deal with in 6-1/2 years is a window motor. This car is not fast, but it's not meant to be (which saves on insurance). My next car will be another Acura for sure -- but not until the day comes that I need to add two more doors.

97 Acura 2.2 CL
By dilwin on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura CL 2.2 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a month back and so far I've been very satisfied. The car looks great both inside (polished wood- like panelling) and outside and I admit that was the main reason I went for it. It drives great though the engine feels the strain when there are more than 3 occupants (it's a 4 cyl 2.2 L engine). It handles superbly and even though its a big car (it's as long as a taurus) it maneuvers like a smaller car. I've had no problems parking it in tight spaces. The a/c unit doesn't cool the air inside immediately on +90F days.

go 2,2cl!!!!!
By mark1 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura CL 2.2 2dr Coupe

This is my second Acura - liked my original Integra very much, but the 2.2cl is sportier and more fun to drive. It is thoroughly reliable and quick to respond and easy to handle. I have only had the usual repairs, brake pads + replacing the timing belt at 90,000 miles.

Buying this car was not an accident
By Diva13 on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura CL 2.2 Premium 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2000 it had 7000 miles on it I think it was a demo. It has been the best card I've owned No mantiance problem since i've had it. I resently has an really bad accident, an the police officer said that having this car saved my life. I walked away with out a scatch. They don't build them like this anymore. My next car will most likely be an Acura.

This thing is sick
By Johnny Dukes on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura CL 2.2 2dr Coupe

This car is unreal. It combines the technological masterpiece of Variable Valve Timing (VTEC) with a sleek look and Honda- esque reliability. I got mine with 73,000 miles for around 8,000. A Honda Accord would've been a cheaper investment with similar results, but I went for the head-turner instead and am very pleased with the results I got.

Luxury Value
By Mark Hopler on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura CL 2.2 Premium 2dr Coupe

Truly a great car. Stylish withoout being showy. Fun and extremely easy to drive. Lots of room. Seats go way back if needed.

3.0 CL
By Curry on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium 2dr Coupe

I am 17 and this is my second car...not a good start but whatever! i have lowered my CL 4" and have 18" wheels w/ high performance tires making the handling much better then it already was. This car's performance is great! Quick pick up and ive done a good 145 mph. So top speed isn't bad. Great stereo and looks! Overall i have been pleased with this car.