FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Laptop, Notebooks... Cool Car? Edmunds.com Makes Back-to-School Shopping More Fun with Top 10 Cars for Drivers Under 25
SANTA MONICA, CALIF. - August 23, 2004 - Whether it's college freshmen heading away from home for the first time or newly licensed drivers hoping to wow their friends this fall, one thing is certain: back-to-school shopping just got a bit more enjoyable with the Top 10 Cars for Drivers Under 25, identified by the editors at Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information. The full article can be found at www.edmunds.com/reviews/list/top10/102791/article.html.
Edmunds.com editors have chosen cars that are inexpensive to own and operate, reasonably fuel efficient, safe and likely to provide years of reliable service.
The Top 10 Cars for Drivers Under 25 are:
- Scion xA/Scion xB — Very roomy, great for moving into the college dorm
- Kia Spectra/Hyundai Elantra — Well-built cabins with surprising conveniences
- Honda Civic/Acura RSX — Best qualified, most refined economy car
- Ford Focus — Smooth riding and spunky
- Mazda 3 — Styling is sharp and handles like a sports car around corners
- Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe — Perfect for hauling around a group of friends
- Volkswagen Golf — Premium interior furnishings make it seem like more than a hatchback
- Scion tC — Engine gives plenty of kick while solid-quality materials make for a pleasant cockpit
- Honda Element — Plenty of space for dorm-room supplies
- Mini Cooper — Life's too short not to have a fun car
"Everyone remembers the excitement of his or her first car," said Karl Brauer, Editor in Chief, Edmunds.com. "While the enthusiasm of having your own wheels is always there, nothing can match the excitement of having a cool car. Parents tend to prefer safe but relatively boring econoboxes, while students lean toward image and fun. Edmunds.com's list offers the best of both worlds by identifying cars that are safe, fun to drive, look cool and are reasonably priced."
About Edmunds.com, Inc.
Edmunds.com is the premier online resource for automotive information. Its comprehensive set of data, tools and services, including Edmunds.com True Market Value® pricing, is generated by Edmunds.com Information Solutions and is licensed to third parties. For example, the company supplies over 800,000 pages of content for the auto sections of AOL and NYTimes.com, provides weekly data to Automotive News and delivers monthly data reports to Wall Street analysts. Edmunds.com was named "best car research" site by Forbes ASAP, has been selected by consumers as the "most useful Web site" according to every J.D. Power and Associates New Autoshopper.com StudySM and was ranked first in the Survey of Car-Shopping Web Sites as reported by The Wall Street Journal. The company is headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif. and maintains a satellite office outside Detroit.