FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Get a Luxury Ride without Breaking the Bank; Edmunds.com Unveils Top 10 Luxury Cars Under $35,000
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (March 18, 2005) — Many people view their cars as the ultimate status symbol, but not all of them can afford the luxury cars they desire. For those people, the editors at Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, today announced their selections for "Top 10 Luxury Cars Under $35,000." The full article can be viewed at: http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/list/top10/104681/article.html.
"Few things communicate prestige and success as easily as a luxury car," said Karl Brauer, Editor in Chief, Edmunds.com. "Whether people have achieved certain financial goals in life, or just want others to think they have, these cars are a great way for people to get a foot in the door of the luxury car market."
The top 10 luxury vehicles available for less than $35,000, in alphabetical order, are:
1. Acura TL: Sharp handling, a sweet V6 engine, top-grade materials and a 5.1 surround system make this a compelling answer to anyone who's ever questioned the pricey options on the Audi A4 and BMW 3 Series.
2. Acura TSX: One of the best values on the list. The compact TSX offers most of the TL's virtues in a smaller, less expensive package.
3. Audi A4: Driving dynamics strike a superb balance between comfort and handling, while the interior continues to set the bar for style and opulence at this price point.
4. BMW 3 Series: Although an all-new model is in the works, the 3 Series is still attractive and feels as sprightly today as it ever has.
5. BMW Z4: The charismatic Z4 roadster blends luxury and fun like no other in this group.
6. Chrysler 300C: Hemi V8 power, luxurious accommodations and Bentley-like looks catapulted this car into stardom in 2005, earning it award after award from the automotive press.
7. Infiniti G35: A real blast to drive — not surprising, considering how much it shares under the skin with the Nissan 350Z sports car.
8. Lexus ES 330: While not the sportiest car in this bunch, the ES 330 is, perhaps, the most luxurious to drive.
9. Volvo S40 and V50: Super-safe and suddenly sexy, these sedan and wagon siblings can be loaded with options like a Dolby ProLogic surround sound stereo, slick wheels and even all-wheel drive while keeping the bottom line within reach.
10. Volvo S60 and V70: New head- and taillights and minor interior updates keep the slightly larger sedan and wagon looking sharp for '05, while Volvo's emphasis on providing class-leading safety hasn't changed a bit.
About Edmunds.com, Inc.
Edmunds.com is the premier online resource for automotive information. Its comprehensive set of data, tools and services, including Edmunds.com True Market Value® pricing, is generated by Edmunds.com Information Solutions and is licensed to third parties. For example, the company supplies content for the auto sections of NYTimes.com, AOL, About.com, iVillage.com and IGN.com, provides weekly data to Automotive News and delivers monthly data reports to Wall Street analysts. Edmunds.com also publishes a high-speed, on-screen car magazine called Inside Line available free at www.insideline.com. Edmunds.com was named "best car research" site by Forbes ASAP, has been selected by consumers as the "most useful Web site" according to every J.D. Power and Associates New Autoshopper.com StudySM and was ranked first in the Survey of Car-Shopping Web Sites as reported by The Wall Street Journal. The company is headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif. and maintains a satellite office outside Detroit.